Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilities/Insurance CB Choice now that BBVA Clearpoints is Gone

tag
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Utilities/Insurance CB Choice now that BBVA Clearpoints is Gone

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@Duriel  I had more hope in Venmo but echo your sentiment there! Hasnt worked especially well for me either.

Did they start you at your lowest limit ever though? I mean I was just going to maybe pay multiple times a month but then I sinned by charging $400 utilities on a $500 limit and they reported it for the second time in a week. Vantagescore 3 now says I have poor credit like a few collections popped on 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Message 11 of 23
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

The Synovus cards have drugstores (health care) as a 3% category, but not utilities.

The Travel Rewards and the Rewards definitely do. Does the Cash Rewards not have it? 
C8A66C64-47C3-41C3-B956-E357B2157777.png

The 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 12 of 23
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@Duriel  I had more hope in Venmo but echo your sentiment there! Hasnt worked especially well for me either.

Did they start you at your lowest limit ever though? I mean I was just going to maybe pay multiple times a month but then I sinned by charging $400 utilities on a $500 limit and they reported it for the second time in a week. Vantagescore 3 now says I have poor credit like a few collections popped on 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

@Duriel They gave me 5K which seems to be pretty standard for me lately.  That stingy prize on my end goes to HSBC, Macy's AMEX, Staples, and Cap1 Walmart which is the only one I haven't axed.  With Venmo it was a utility thing that ticked me off.  They coded my gas company (biggest bill) as 'Other' so then Venmo just became my drugstore card.  Also thought "health" and beauty would include a copay at urgent care or dermatologists office, but no...those charges were also 'other'.  

Message 13 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Duriel wrote:

I liked the card. Technically it's still open for a couple more months or so but I don't think I can charge enough to redeem the rewards and feel like they won't carry over. I ended up getting the Venmo card which... hasn't worked especially well in my case. 

Are you talking about the ClearPoints Visa here?

The 'Build Your Own Rewards' program ends today; starting tomorrow (Oct 8) your existing card will earn PNC points, or at least mine will (since I got stuck with the 'Points' card).  Also, any convenience checks are no longer any good after today, regardless of the expiration date printed on them.

Message 14 of 23
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

The Synovus cards have drugstores (health care) as a 3% category, but not utilities.

The Travel Rewards and the Rewards definitely do. Does the Cash Rewards not have it? 

@JNA1 @MrDisco99  Is Synovus geofenced or requires a relationship?

Message 15 of 23
PandaGirl77
Regular Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@Duriel Was looking at your CLs, these CCCs baffle me LOL. With multiple 5 figure CLs I can't believe that was Venmo's SL.  So many factors computing I guess!  

Message 16 of 23
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@JNA1 @MrDisco99  Is Synovus geofenced or requires a relationship?

Yes, they are geofenced to the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. If you apply in branch, you do not have to have a relationship, but you do have to open a checking account if you do the app online. They're a great bank and the cards are very good. They gave me a $16K SL and gave DW a $13K SL. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 17 of 23
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

@PandaGirl77 wrote:

@Duriel Was looking at your CLs, these CCCs baffle me LOL. With multiple 5 figure CLs I can't believe that was Venmo's SL.  So many factors computing I guess!  

Yeah it's confusing. I don't need 30k like I saw one person on this forum get approved for but $500 (for a card that they aggressively advertise Cashback on utilities) is inconvenient. Then the second report of the card in 7 days... I'm sure it's just paranoia but maybe I'm making a "synchrony closed all my accounts" thread soon due to "high utilization on a revolving account" or something. A scenario they created. Again, probably paranoia...

Message 18 of 23
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

I liked the card. Technically it's still open for a couple more months or so but I don't think I can charge enough to redeem the rewards and feel like they won't carry over. I ended up getting the Venmo card which... hasn't worked especially well in my case. 

The 'Build Your Own Rewards' program ends today; starting tomorrow (Oct 8) your existing card will earn PNC points, or at least mine will (since I got stuck with the 'Points' card).  Also, any convenience checks are no longer any good after today, regardless of the expiration date printed on them.

Yes I was referring to clear points. Apologies for any confusion. 

Message 19 of 23
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Duriel wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Yes I was referring to clear points. Apologies for any confusion. 

No worries, this particular migration/transition has been confusing for us all. Smiley Frustrated

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.