Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIAS SIGNATURE CARD CITI HHONORS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VIAS SIGNATURE CARD CITI HHONORS

hello all

I have this card for almost 2 months I was going shopping today and I was ganna use it for a small purchase, so i can get the awards as promised

I parked my car was looking for a meter could not find one, standing there scratching my head

Nah the city wouldnt (NYC) remove them they nickle and dime us. looked around noticed they put the new municiple parkingmeters , put money in get reciept put at dashboard.

they accept CC wow so i used my new card charged a whole .50 cents lol.

So if i do not pay it before my due date will that be my highest credit available on this card and 100 % utilization,  in the mean time its at 7k CL . I have to say that is totally  #@%&%  up ( er scuse me for my misbehaver) I like the card its so shiny black with that gray letters, it really looks impresive

will my scores take a hit if i do not pay before it reports, and if i pay wil my score gain pionts for an increase of CL of .50 ?

thanks all

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VIAS SIGNATURE CARD CITI HHONORS

for your visa signature card, i don't think the credit bureaus assume a limit for it for utilization purposes for 12 months.

so i think it either A. tanks your FICOs right away while your "credit line" is estimated and is set at a default of zero (which may be why people are so wary of the world MC/visa signature cards) or B. it just doesn't do anything for 12 months and acts as a zero in your overall util but doesn't count against you for using 100% of your available credit on a particular card (i think if any one of your cards is maxed out, it's definitely a ding for your FICOs).

this i really don't know and someone else should clarify.

this is slightly off-topic, but do you mind me asking what your FICOs are? I'm very interested in getting this particular card and I'm wondering how difficult it is to get (I'd like to apply once the fact I'm paying down my balances has reported).

yes. someone who knows more please clarify and or correct this post.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

d09 wrote:
for your visa signature card, i don't think the credit bureaus assume a limit for it for utilization purposes for 12 months.

so i think it either A. tanks your FICOs right away while your "credit line" is estimated and is set at a default of zero (which may be why people are so wary of the world MC/visa signature cards) or B. it just doesn't do anything for 12 months and acts as a zero in your overall util but doesn't count against you for using 100% of your available credit on a particular card (i think if any one of your cards is maxed out, it's definitely a ding for your FICOs).

this i really don't know and someone else should clarify.

this is slightly off-topic, but do you mind me asking what your FICOs are? I'm very interested in getting this particular card and I'm wondering how difficult it is to get (I'd like to apply once the fact I'm paying down my balances has reported).

yes. someone who knows more please clarify and or correct this post.

Where do you get the "12 months" info?

Visa Signature cards that don't report a limit sometimes report correctly, but more often than not, they report incorrectly.  When they report correctly, they are excluded from utilization entirely.  When they do not report correctly, your high balance is used in place of your actual (unreported) credit limit for utilization purposes.

OP, since your high balance on the card is $0.50, it will report as $0.  But your current balance will also report as $0 so it will be a wash.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-24-2008 06:33 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello D09

When I applied for the Citi HHonors, my Fico score was TU (CRA that they checked here in NY)

706, at that time in May I went on an spree with CITI bank they gave me LOC , Cashback and HHonors card and they also increased my cl on my Plat. Dividends

Currently my scores are EQ 687 EXP 696  and TU 705

will check my scores at the end of the month to see if i finally hit 700 on all three CRA's

(thinking positive)

laters

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.