Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Black any thoughts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VISA Black any thoughts

DH got an invitation for VIsa Black today.  I am not sure he is interested in the hefty fee $450.00.  Kind of remind me of Amex Platinum - I did not upgrade because fo the $450.00 fee.  I am not sure what the high end gifts are about??? anyone have any Idea about this card.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

@Anonymous wrote:

DH got an invitation for VIsa Black today.  I am not sure he is interested in the hefty fee $450.00.  Kind of remind me of Amex Platinum - I did not upgrade because fo the $450.00 fee.  I am not sure what the high end gifts are about??? anyone have any Idea about this card.

Yes but this is a family friendly forum.

It's better to just remain silent. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that is how DH feels Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sure it is another of the "vanity" cards, marketed as "this card says something about YOU". PERSONALLY, I do think it says something about you but most people would not like my thoughtsSmiley Happy

This reminds me of the time our son came home and was beaming, as he was in his Junior year of college and had just received his AMEX Card. He was so proud and I asked him why he got the AMEX card (with a FEE) when he already had a Master Charge with no fee.(YES, they were called that back then ).

Anyway, the son proceded to tell me he had got the AMEX card for two reasons. 1 is it had no "CREDIT LIMIT" unlike his poor little $400 limit Master Charge.  I told him if he believed it had no limit, then go out and try to charge a $10,000 vacation on it and find out.

He also said, it was a Status card . Agian, I had to inform him how much status could it have if they gave a card to a person who had no income, very little credit, no job and deep in debt with student loans.

OK, maybe I was the "bad dad" but I wanted him to learn you can not be defined by a credit card, a car, a house, etc. I AM PROUD to say, he indeed learned that lesson .

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife who hasn't had a source of income since 1999 and has maybe 5 items in her credit report just received a "pre-qualified" offer....hehe.

Doesn't seem that exclusive to me  :smileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife who hasn't had a source of income since 1999 and has maybe 5 items in her credit report just received a "pre-qualified" offer....hehe.

Maybe they know she's married to a doctor.  hehe

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spray paint all of my cards black and save the AF.......Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd be interested in hearing about anybody who applied and got the card and what their CL was.

It would be funny as heck to see someone with a $450 AF card with a $300 CL.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe they know she's married to a doctor.  hehe

They might know that but the funny thing is I didn't get one.....guess I'm not exclusive enough for them Smiley Sad

Message Edited by idmd on 11-04-2009 10:06 PM
Message 9 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I spray paint all of my cards black and save the AF.......Smiley Happy

Send me $250 and your CC cards and I will paint them for you.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.