Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Signature confusion

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: VISA Signature confusion

@snowangel wrote:

My card looks identical to the one shown on their site, however I was approved with at $3500 limit.  Is this really a VISA Signature card if I have a limit (esp less than $5K)? They also describe this card as NPSL which mine doesn't seem to have.

I have a friend who also has a Visa Signature from Citi with a limit lower than $5000. I think Citi is the only bank that does it. To be sure, I would try to register it on the Visa Signature site.

@mxp114 wrote:

And the dilution of Visa Signature begins, soon we can expect Orchard Bank Visa Signature Secured lol Interesting but not suprised they lowered the threshold for Signature. I guess that means Visa Signature Premier and/or Visa Infinite will finally launch in USA as the new high-end Visa product. I don't know why they just didn't keep Platinum at $5k and Signature/World at $10k.

In my opinion the minimum being at $5000 is really low. That is not that hard a limit to obtain at all. $10000 would be a much better limit. There is something in the United States called Visa Signature Preferred but it is only offered to people who spend a lot of money on their cards. Banks hand out Visa Signatures like candy though; so I think the dilution started a while ago.

Message 11 of 19
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I was able to register on the Visa Signature Concierge site.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 12 of 19
mxp114
Valued Contributor

navigatethis12 wrote:

In my opinion the minimum being at $5000 is really low. That is not that hard a limit to obtain at all. $10000 would be a much better limit. There is something in the United States called Visa Signature Preferred but it is only offered to people who spend a lot of money on their cards. Banks hand out Visa Signatures like candy though; so I think the dilution started a while ago.

I agree the dilution began years ago because $5k is fairly low. At min $2k for Signature, it will be achieved much sooner. I've heard of Visa Signature Preferred but have never heard of anyone that has one. Some people consider their Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature as a "Visa Signature Preferred," however it is Visa Signature because the Preferred refers to Chase based benefits. Does anyone have one?

Message 13 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

I agree the dilution began years ago because $5k is fairly low. At min $2k for Signature, it will be achieved much sooner. I've heard of Visa Signature Preferred but have never heard of anyone that has one. Some people consider their Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature as a "Visa Signature Preferred," however it is Visa Signature because the Preferred refers to Chase based benefits. Does anyone have one?

I know PNC does offer it. I am not sure about other banks. This link gives a small story on it:  http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/stories/2007/03/12/daily42.html. I do not know of anyone that has one either but hope to be upgraded at the end of the year. Also on the Visa interchange fee table there is a spot for Visa Signature Preferred. http://usa.visa.com/download/merchants/visa-usa-interchange-reimbursement-fees-october2011.pdf  

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd heard of a Visa Signature Preferred class, but I've never seen a card issued as one.  I too already thought that $5,000 was a pretty low minimum for Signature.

Message 15 of 19
HiLine
Blogger

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd heard of a Visa Signature Preferred class, but I've never seen a card issued as one.  I too already thought that $5,000 was a pretty low minimum for Signature.

I haven't seen one myself either. Don't know what the benefits are ...

Message 16 of 19
mark293
Regular Contributor

How did you app for two Citi products at the same time? I attempted the Hilton Honors Visa (approved for 7K) and denied for AAdvantage Amex. I reconned through the Exec Office and was told two Citi apps could not be processed at the same time.

Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 17 of 19
vish1
Valued Contributor

I don't know if this works now or not, but earlier you could apply 2 cards from 2 browsers. I remember this from citi AA 75 bonus days in 2011.

@mark293 wrote:

How did you app for two Citi products at the same time? I attempted the Hilton Honors Visa (approved for 7K) and denied for AAdvantage Amex. I reconned through the Exec Office and was told two Citi apps could not be processed at the same time.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 18 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mark293 wrote:

The thread is 14 months old, and at that stage you could apply for two at the same time. The rules have recently changed.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.