Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VITAL Card - Thoughts?

tag
FloydWonder
New Contributor

VITAL Card - Thoughts?

While performing various credit-related Google searches tonight, I stumbled on this interesting new CC slated to come out later this year. It looks like it's targeted to millennials, and REALLY wants to be your daily driver.

VITAL is offering a 5/2/1% tiered cash back card that scores users' monthly account activity with 'activity points', and from what I gathered, those with the highest number of points earned get the 5% cash back for that month, on all purchases. Then it drops to 2%, and finally 1% for those who earned the lowest number of activity points that month.

If earning the required monthly points to get the 5% is realistically attainable, I'd be first in line to apply for this thing. What I'm afraid of though, is the verbage on the site about competing with other users to get top marks. I feel like that could lead to a culture of MS and a false hope for low-to-average earners thinking they're applying for a 5% card, only to be forever bucketed in the 2% or 1% category.

I couldn't find which bank they're backed by either, only that this company has partnered with someone to service the product.

Their referral system is also pretty odd, using a different points system to pay kickbacks to users who refer others to VITAL.

Has anyone heard about this card? Any regulars willing to chime in with some sage advice?

Here's a link to their site:
https://www.vitalcard.com
PayPal 2% MC $10K | WF PLOC $10K
Chase Freedom Flex $13.7K | Discover IT $13.5K
WF Propel $8000 | WF Cash Wise $1500 | USB Cash+ 5000
Amex Business Prime $20K | Amex ED $4800 | Amex Gold | Uber Visa $1500

FICO 8 Scores (2/21/21): 767 TU, 770 EQ, 771 EX
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: VITAL Card - Thoughts?

This card has been discussed on the forum already. If you search through you should be able to find the thread.

From what I understand of the card. The higher % of cash back is more based on how many referrals you get to sign up and how many people they get to sign up over how much you actually spend on the card.
The amount you spend on the card does matter but not as much as if you refer 5 people to refer another 10 people.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like credit card pyramid scheme.
Message 3 of 7
FloydWonder
New Contributor

Thanks for the info! I'll do a little more digging today on the forums, but pyramid / MLM scheme pretty much sums it up for me.
PayPal 2% MC $10K | WF PLOC $10K
Chase Freedom Flex $13.7K | Discover IT $13.5K
WF Propel $8000 | WF Cash Wise $1500 | USB Cash+ 5000
Amex Business Prime $20K | Amex ED $4800 | Amex Gold | Uber Visa $1500

FICO 8 Scores (2/21/21): 767 TU, 770 EQ, 771 EX
Message 4 of 7
mdd0214
Contributor

Pyramid scheme for sure. The calculator on their website indicates that the cash back assumptions are based on how many people you refer directly each month and assumes that each of your "friends" refers 4 people.

Message 5 of 7
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Vital.. Selling out your friends and associates for credit card rewards.... Its credit card rewards MLM or the Ponzi Rewards (TM) Card....

Dont like these kinda games.. Its similar to the Zero Card (debit) .....

-J

Message 6 of 7
jl4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like credit card pyramid scheme.

This. And that they even list on their site's FAQ:

Is VITAL a Multi Level Marketing (MLM) or pyramid marketing company?

If you have to list that, your business model smells.

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.