Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla Reload to pay credit card?

tag
damierFICO
Valued Member

Vanilla Reload to pay credit card?

I tried doing a quick search but nothing came up. I received a Vanilla Prepaid Reload card and a vanilla debit card as a gift. Can these be used to pay my amex bill? I ask since I coud've sworn another thread stated this but I can't find it. I'd rather just use these to pay my bill or somehow get cashback for them since my wallet doesn't have many card slots.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload to pay credit card?

@damierFICO wrote:

I tried doing a quick search but nothing came up. I received a Vanilla Prepaid Reload card and a vanilla debit card as a gift. Can these be used to pay my amex bill? I ask since I coud've sworn another thread stated this but I can't find it. I'd rather just use these to pay my bill or somehow get cashback for them since my wallet doesn't have many card slots.

If you have a bluebird (which you probably don't or you would know!) you can load the Reload onto it, and use that to pay your Amex bill.  In any case, you need some sort of card that takes reloads to get the money off the reload.   Is the Vanilla Debit card a My Vanilla Debit?  If so, you can put the reload on that.  But harder to pay your Amex directly, you can do various other things like buy a money order.

Message 2 of 3
damierFICO
Valued Member

Re: Vanilla Reload to pay credit card?

Yup the card has myvanilladebitcard.com on the back. Good idea on the money order to indirectly pay the bill. When I register the debit card it prompts me for my name and social, these are mandatory correct? The last time I got something like this I don't remember having to do all this. Actually nvm thats probably the difference between reloadable vs nonreloadable huh.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.