Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Card Incorrect Transaction Dates

tag
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Venmo Card Incorrect Transaction Dates

I made a trip up to Disneyland this weekend and brought my Venmo card as I hadn't been using it much and wanted to get some use on it. I realized halfway through the day that all my transactions are showing that they were made/posted the day before I made them. For example I charged parking to the card on August 27, but it shows as the transaction date as August 26. I also made another charge on August 30, and it is showing as well as being made on August 29. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, and it still isn't fixing it. I've also contacted Synchrony through the Venmo Card portal, and their response was simply "We put the date the transaction was made, not the posting date. Sorry."

Mainly, is this happening to anybody else? I imagine it could open Synchrony up to fraud claims, but also it is very annoying having the wrong dates posted as well.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Venmo Card Incorrect Transaction Dates

I've seen incorrect dates in the future (like tomorrow, due to time zone differences), but never in the past! This is a new one to me. I'd ramp up trying to get an answer, because this could cause problems down the road.

At the very least, make a note to yourself that this is happening. Six months from now, or two years, let's say it's been fixed, but you're looking at old records to figure out when you went to Disneyland in the summer of 2021, you might not remember THEN that the dates were yesterday's NOW. Just think if it was for something important, like a lawsuit or arrest! Smiley Surprised

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 2 of 3
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Venmo Card Incorrect Transaction Dates

@SoCalGardener wrote:

I've seen incorrect dates in the future (like tomorrow, due to time zone differences), but never in the past! This is a new one to me. I'd ramp up trying to get an answer, because this could cause problems down the road.

At the very least, make a note to yourself that this is happening. Six months from now, or two years, let's say it's been fixed, but you're looking at old records to figure out when you went to Disneyland in the summer of 2021, you might not remember THEN that the dates were yesterday's NOW. Just think if it was for something important, like a lawsuit or arrest! Smiley Surprised

And that's one of the reasons why I'm not going to be using the card until it's fixed because it could be a total nightmare trying to use in the future. I have not had a statement cut yet for this, so I will also keep an eye out and see if maybe just the interface is giving the incorrect dates whereas the statements are still accurate.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.