Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Card - Paying rent?

tag
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Venmo Card - Paying rent?

I received an offer to app for the Venmo card by Sync, and have been getting more and more interested. I already have most of my bases covered by either 2%, 3% or 5% CB in all categories. However, my apt allows rent payment by credit card, but at a 2.5% fee, I'd still lose out by putting it on the 2% PayPal MC.

The Venmo card offers "bills and utilities" as one of the categories for 3% cash back. Anyone know if this would include rent payments?
A net half % on monthly rent would still add up nicely Smiley Very Happy

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Venmo Card - Paying rent?

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

I received an offer to app for the Venmo card by Sync, and have been getting more and more interested. I already have most of my bases covered by either 2%, 3% or 5% CB in all categories. However, my apt allows rent payment by credit card, but at a 2.5% fee, I'd still lose out by putting it on the 2% PayPal MC.

The Venmo card offers "bills and utilities" as one of the categories for 3% cash back. Anyone know if this would include rent payments?

• Bills & Utilities: Telecommunications, internet service providers, ongoing delivery of television/radio/streaming content on a subscription or fee basis, subscription products or services (such as magazine/newspaper subscriptions), electric or gas power, water supply, and refuse disposal or other utility services.

From https://www.synchronycredit.com/gecrbterms/html/RewardsTerms.htm

Message 2 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@jayjayhawaii wrote:

Is the fee same if you made a payment with debit card?

Message 3 of 4
jayjayhawaii
Regular Contributor

Yes, only way to pay with no fee is ACH unfortunately. So no debit rewards either.

Current FICO8:

2017: $200 secured card | 2023: $200,000+ total credit line
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.