Did you mean: 

Venmo Credit card

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Venmo Credit card

@firefox100 wrote:

I am not going to defend Synchrony bank but even non sub prime lenders and credit card companies have pull the same crap. American Express back in 2008 Closed some of there best accounts because some of there card holders all of sudden started shopshopping at Walmart, some bright eyed Kid with a ms said if you started shopping at Walmart and you never had put Walmart charge on your Amex card before then you must have financial problems. They had lot of bad press over that move.

Just for infoinsurance score models don't like department store credit cards and if you are going for certain jobs could hurt you if sub prime lender shows up on your credit reports.

I know the insurance part is right, at least in some states, but I've never heard of certain jobs disqualifying you just because you have "subprime lenders" on your reports. I would think if they check your credit and dq you from a job because of it, it'd be because of the state of the report itself (liens, chargeoffs, collections, late payments, high balances, etc.), not the name of the bank that issues your credit card.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 31 of 109
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

@Azza wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you guys, even though I'd love a 3% catch-all cashback, Synchrony isn't my first choice. Although I do have two lines with them that are just fine and not constantly down-sized in CL.

I don't know why you guys don't like Synchrony, they may have best techonology , but they pretty good when it comes to giving credit limit increases and, they don't demand you use lot of credit line. If you don't carry balance and pay off balance using the phone system then you don't have problem. I been doing business since 2012 and never had problem and my credit limits had grown over years with no problems. I started with a Wallmart store card with credit limit of 700 and last year before it was transfer to capal one it was mmastercard with credit limit of 18K. I would say the interface and app, and the rewards is much better under captal one. Who wants to live in fair of your line beeiing cut not enough use or not beeing able to get cli and you can allways talk to live person for credit review try that with capatal one. I just got a 2K increase on my JCpenney card last week from 18K to 20K. I would say if you are going for a mortage or any credit which may need manmanually review then you may not want Synchrony show up on your credit reports people do look down on people who may have Synchrony  as creditor.

There's actually a lender you like. Shocking!!!

Their fine for you when giving large limit, but I guarantee when they cut your limit... Well past posts speak for themselves

Message 32 of 109
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Has anybody heard of any approvals so far? I haven't seen one type of approval online here or anywhere else. It makes me wonder if they've even technically opened applications yet.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 33 of 109
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Not on here as of yet.  No Venmo CC linky yet on my app so I suppose we wait until it's pushed through for some Venmo users 🤷🏼‍♂️

Message 34 of 109
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Notta on mine yet and use venmo a decent amount and for some decent change to people that dont take CC such as handy man type of work, etc.. Havent really seen one DP to speak of it of someone approved on this forum or DOC last time I looked for card so rolling it out very slowly.

Message 35 of 109
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Notta on mine yet and use venmo a decent amount and for some decent change to people that dont take CC such as handy man type of work, etc.. Havent really seen one DP to speak of it of someone approved on this forum or DOC last time I looked for card so rolling it out very slowly.

I do know they said they would be slowly rolling it out, but they said it's available to select users now. I feel like if it was available to select users, we would see people applying. Unless they literally mean like 5 people

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 36 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love Synchrony, all my friends love Synchrony Heart

Message 37 of 109
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Matt9543 wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I do know they said they would be slowly rolling it out, but they said it's available to select users now. I feel like if it was available to select users, we would see people applying. Unless they literally mean like 5 people

Then again, select users can mean folks who are not MF or DoC members hence why you may not see the perceived outcome as of yet. 

Message 38 of 109
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Then again, select users can mean folks who are not MF or DoC members hence why you may not see the perceived outcome as of yet. 

Very true. I guess I just assumed they would invite a larger amount of people, since nobody I know has the option to apply, and people on reddit haven't received the option to apply. Just curious who exactly qualified to apply.

Message 39 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

$10k limit is even worse than BofA $2.5k per quarter.   Could someone in theory find some niche use for this card to make $200 a year? Sure but that's not worth the risk of doing business with Synchrony Bank when they can close your account and evaporate all of your rewards points on any whim at any time for any reason.

In theory you could spend all 10k in one month and then they close your account right before the end the month and all you've earned yourself is a credit pull and opportunity loss.

Message 40 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.