Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Credit card

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venmo Credit card

@Anonymous,

We realize your specific situation can be upsetting and it's understandable, but it's time to move on.  Let's not hijack the OP's thread and let's get back on topic.

FWIW, an active discussion already exists associated with the (YTD) SYNCB closures.

Message 51 of 109
sxa001
Valued Contributor

From a venmo perspective, the last time I used Venmo was getting $5 for "logging in" recently.  My friends tend to use Zelle for transfering money when we go out for dinner or owe eachother money for tickets or something (wow haven't had any of that in 7 months!).  

For the under 35 crowd, the card design is a bit cool, and for those with just one credit card I can see it being a good card for cash back.  I don't have any Synch cards and no experience with them so I can't comment there. 

I will say for me personally, if I was going to open a Synch card I would probably opt for the PPMC because I do use PayPal for a lot of other things that I wouldnt use Venmo for, and I plan on apping for the BBVA card which will give me 3x/2x on two categories of my choice, and hopefully I land the AOD (but we'll see how long that stays a unicorn). 

Message 52 of 109
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

So I was "targeted" in the initial roll out in the app apparently to apply. Interestingly it only asks for the last four digits of your ssn, so I wonder if it's a sp approval/denial? I didn't go through with the application to get an answer but I thought that was odd. 

Message 53 of 109
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jkrause702 wrote:

So I was "targeted" in the initial roll out in the app apparently to apply. Interestingly it only asks for the last four digits of your ssn, so I wonder if it's a sp approval/denial? I didn't go through with the application to get an answer but I thought that was odd. 

Nice to hear you've been offered the invitation to apply.  It would have resulted in a HP if you had submitted the short form application.  

You've been dodging some HP land mines here lately @Jkrause702 😁

Message 54 of 109
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing this!!

Message 55 of 109
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

I also see the Link to apply in my Venmo app. I run 2-3k a month through Venmo

Message 56 of 109
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

Nice to hear you've been offered the invitation to apply.  It would have resulted in a HP if you had submitted the short form application.  

yeah traps are laid everywhere it seems 😆 

Message 57 of 109
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Jkrause702 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

Ok, so for future reference as they roll things out en masse, where was the link or prompt to apply on the Venmo app?  Asking for a friend 😁

Message 58 of 109
Jkrause702
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

Ok, so for future reference as they roll things out en masse, where was the link or prompt to apply on the Venmo app?  Asking for a friend 😁

It was laid out in a big banner across the top of the app after logging in. Couldn't miss it if you tried. 

Message 59 of 109
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@Jkrause702 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Jkrause702 wrote:

It was laid out in a big banner across the top of the app after logging in. Couldn't miss it if you tried. 

Just logged into my app and when i went to check rewards for the debit card I saw that I was able to apply for the credit card too. Not sure it's worth opening up another account, especially with Synchrony and with all the cards I have open now.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 60 of 109
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.