cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venmo Credit card

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Venmo Credit card

I got the link after sending a transfer. I am actually using Venmo now to empty prepaid cards (I get paid using one from a COVID vaccine study I am doing) and send them to the bank (by sending them to my DH). I had been using Paypal, but Venmo doesn't charge a fee, which is better.

Anyway, I applied and was denied. I called and the rep wouldn't say why. I have a checkered history with Synchrony. At one point, they closed my $200 Gap credit card for unknown reasons and I have had trouble with them ever since. For example, I got the Paypal Mastercard last year, and they refused to give me any CLIs on it. It stayed stuck at $300 after 8 months, so I closed it. I do have a B&H card with a $10k limit, which has been great. I'll reply back to this thread when I get their letter. My TU has a FICO 8 of 783 and a VS4 of 730. They did do a hard pull, so be prepared for that.

Message 61 of 63
Highlighted
Established Member

Yes there is a large banner on venmo app main screen as well as a message when you go to the Menu that says Venmo Credit Card NEW Learn More.... I have not apped because Synchrony slashed one of my lines 3 months ago

Message 62 of 63
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@RehabbingANDBlabbing wrote:

I got the link after sending a transfer. I am actually using Venmo now to empty prepaid cards (I get paid using one from a COVID vaccine study I am doing) and send them to the bank (by sending them to my DH). I had been using Paypal, but Venmo doesn't charge a fee, which is better.

Anyway, I applied and was denied. I called and the rep wouldn't say why. I have a checkered history with Synchrony. At one point, they closed my $200 Gap credit card for unknown reasons and I have had trouble with them ever since. For example, I got the Paypal Mastercard last year, and they refused to give me any CLIs on it. It stayed stuck at $300 after 8 months, so I closed it. I do have a B&H card with a $10k limit, which has been great. I'll reply back to this thread when I get their letter. My TU has a FICO 8 of 783 and a VS4 of 730. They did do a hard pull, so be prepared for that.

Definitely let us know what the letter says when you get it. I'm kind of intrigued with that card and you might be the first person I've seen that gave some DP about applying for it.  

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.