Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vent - Comenity Capital Bank - Overstock

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vent - Comenity Capital Bank - Overstock

Just a note for those looking at getting a card from them.

They have some of the worst customer service I have dealt with.

I just closed my big  3900.00 card witrh them. 

The issues I had with them started with small fees showing up 2.00 that they could not explain.

Then I had a couple special financing deals with them, and started getting interest charges, 3.00+, 4.00+, 5.00+.

I always paid 2-3 times the required payment, and they could not say why I was getting those charges.

Then, the last straw was, every month I do my bill list, and setup my payments, somehow the one I had on my sheet for them disapared from their system.

The next thing I know I have a 27.00 late fee, I found in 2 days after the due date, as I look at all my bills after they are to post a payment.

There is no other way to look at them except crooks, I do not know if they just pick on some, or this is regular way of business for them.

Anyway, if you need to get started by getting their card, go for it, just watch them.

This board helped me greatly in the past, I went from sub 600 scores with no credit cards to 740+ and over 40k in credit in two years.

So thank you to all here making peoples lives better.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Vent - Comenity Capital Bank - Overstock

Thanks for the heads up. The only card I have with them is Victoria's Secret and I try to PIF before my statement cuts (occasionally some slip through).

But I do know their customer service sucks. When I called to activate my card the guy tried pushing some insurance program on me for $2 a month and I said no repeatedly probably 4 times after verifying my card was activated he tried again to sell it to me I said no and just hung up.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The issues I had with them started with small fees showing up 2.00 that they could not explain.

Then I had a couple special financing deals with them, and started getting interest charges, 3.00+, 4.00+, 5.00+.

I always paid 2-3 times the required payment, and they could not say why I was getting those charges.

Then, the last straw was, every month I do my bill list, and setup my payments, somehow the one I had on my sheet for them disapared from their system.

The next thing I know I have a 27.00 late fee, I found in 2 days after the due date, as I look at all my bills after they are to post a payment.

There is no other way to look at them except crooks, I do not know if they just pick on some, or this is regular way of business for them.

Anyway, if you need to get started by getting their card, go for it, just watch them.

This board helped me greatly in the past, I went from sub 600 scores with no credit cards to 740+ and over 40k in credit in two years.

Sorry you've had problems with Overstock.

Thanks for letting others know about the problems you've had so that those with accounts with them can monitor their statements closer,  I personally have not had any of the issues you have had with the card, but  I'm glad that I know going forward that this could potentially be an issue.  When a particular card no longer serves a purpose or no longer works for your profile, it is always a good thing to end that relationship and begin one with a lender more in line with your goals. 

Have a great week.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry that you have had so much trouble with your Overstock card......I have had a card with them for 2 years and have not had any trouble whatsoever. I purchased my bedroom furniture from Overstock and used their special financing. I have heard others mention some problems also.

Message 4 of 5
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They did that to me before! Not on Overstock but one of my other accounts (I have VS, Pier1, Ann Taylor and J.Crew). I knew for a FACT that I had that payment pending. But I watch things like a hawk. 2 days later when it hadn't cleared my account I logged back in and it was gone. Luckily I never cut it close to the due date so I didn't get a late fee. 

I'm going to be dropping Comenity too, soon.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.