Did you mean: 

Venture Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture Card

@Anonymous wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I just looked at the site and it’s 50k/3k/3m/$59af.

I just got this card almost a month ago. I may try my luck at seeing if they will honor the 50k. Anyone ever have any luck with Cap1 on this?

Not sure if they will honor it. But, guess it doesn't hurt to give it a try Justagirl. I went back to the site again after your reading your post and the offer is still 40,000 miles but with the $95 annual fee. Don't understand why my computer is not showing the 50,000 miles offer. Not that I am trying to apply right now. But, it's just weird as to why some people see the offer and some people don't. Wonder how it would affect matching the bonus. 

i was able to pull it using Incognito mode with google

link

Message 51 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Problem is VERY few people at the moment are getting approved for this card.  Maybe due to the 50k offer or possibly due to Cap1 cllamping down on churning or most likely they like people to carry balances meaning that make interest.  Many many denials on various forums of people over 800 scores getting denied and what sucks it is a triple pull.. Only way I would suggest anyone to apply for this card at the moment is if you are pre-qual'ed or most likely it will be a denial, omre-so I am guessing if you use 50k link.. Although might not make a diff betweem 40/50k link.  Just sucks getting hit with a triple for most likely a denial for most.

Message 52 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn’t have a pre-approval but had dinner and drinks at the Southern followed my more wine at home. Lol had I been in my right mind, I wouldn’t have apped due to all the denials 😂 #dontdrinkandapp This is almost as bad as drinking and shopping 😂

Message 53 of 71
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I didn’t have a pre-approval but had dinner and drinks at the Southern followed my more wine at home. Lol had I been in my right mind, I wouldn’t have apped due to all the denials 😂 #dontdrinkandapp This is almost as bad as drinking and shopping 😂

Lol to funny use to eat at the sourthern about twice a week along with drinks of course.. Haven't been there in close to a year although love that place.  New place is Del Frisci's at the gulch

edit:  Wouldn't have half the cards I have in my signature or lenders of I didn't have a bit of liquid courage. Smiley Tongue

Message 54 of 71
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

#DontDroppandDrapp Smiley Happy sponsered by JustaGirl AnonymousSmiley Happy
Message 55 of 71
creditmonger
Contributor

Just got back from my first trip to Europe and got the travel bug. 

+

All this talk about Venture's 50k mile sign up bonus. 

=

Took the plunge and apped. 

"DENIED"

FYI

BK13 DC 12/15. 740 scores/18 inqs (about)
VentureOne 28K. Marvel MC 25K. PFCU: Promise 19K; PLOC 10K; Rewards 5K.
NFCU: Plat 15K; Flagship 15K; CLOC 10K
Barclays Aviator 12K; Jet Blue $500 (for the miles).
BOA 8K. Discover 10K/5K. 5/3 10K. PPC 7K
PPMC 10K. TD Ameritrade $1500
Message 56 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hex wrote:

I just noticed that the Cap1 Venture Card offered on the capital one site offers 50,000 bonus miles for $3K spend in the first 90 days with AF of $95. I was just pre-qualified and approved for 40,000 bonus miles with the same spending requirement and AF of $59. I didn't realized that there is more than one offer out there and wanted to share the info with everyone.

What justifies the annual fee increase? An extra $100 on the signup bonus which is limited to travel isn't worth it IMO. 

They literally added $36 to the annual fee to give you... Nothing. 

For $95 a year I can get the Citi TY Premier, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred, or Everyday Preferred... All of which are way better than Capital One's offering and can transfer to partner programs. Capital One, instead of improving their weak, outdated offerings (1.5% QS, 2x $95 with no transfer partners Venture) they're making them worse. 

Yes, you're right about those cards being better...but OP already has the Venture and i dont think it will be wise for OP to apply for one of the cards you mentioned since there will be an additional spending to be met.  Technically, OP would be paying $36 more for 10,000 points which = $100 worth of travel credits, not "nothing".  Not bad IMO.

I was explaining for the 2nd year and after.

Oh ok Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 71
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I just got approved recently for the 40k bonus. 

$30k at 13.99%.

Thought about calling them about the 50k bonus but decided...I ain't rocking the boat.

I was shocked to get approved for another $10k at $23.99% let alone $30k at 13.99%.

I got no problem knowing someone is getting a better bonus than me.

Smiley Wink 

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 58 of 71
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Holy smoke that is a monster SL! Congrats!
Message 59 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Problem is VERY few people at the moment are getting approved for this card.  Maybe due to the 50k offer or possibly due to Cap1 cllamping down on churning or most likely they like people to carry balances meaning that make interest.  Many many denials on various forums of people over 800 scores getting denied and what sucks it is a triple pull.. Only way I would suggest anyone to apply for this card at the moment is if you are pre-qual'ed or most likely it will be a denial, omre-so I am guessing if you use 50k link.. Although might not make a diff betweem 40/50k link.  Just sucks getting hit with a triple for most likely a denial for most.

I have been showing prequalify for a long time for the Venture checked after this went up to 50k and offer is gone.

Message 60 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.