Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Miles Issue?

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture Miles Issue?

Currently the only way to contact the EO is to email the CEO. They disabled all other means of contact

Chat is pretty much useless, as it seems that it’s the same CSR’s that you get on the phone
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 14
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I believe the chat option comes and goes depending on demand.  There are times when I will see it show up and then there are times when it never appears no matter how I navigate the site.  Best of luck in getting your issue resolved.  

Message 12 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

wrote:

I believe the chat option comes and goes depending on demand.  There are times when I will see it show up and then there are times when it never appears no matter how I navigate the site.  Best of luck in getting your issue resolved.  

I've never seen any chat function... but, I also have high security settings; so, it's possible that functionality is being hidden.

Update: Called in again today (day 10 without rewards miles nor any rewards credits) and this time immediately asked to speak to a supervisor.

The agent appeared to be still typing notes from a previous call, hacking away for about another 3 minutes while I just was like, "hello..."

Or, perhaps they have to internally email someone to escalate a call. Nevertheless, I was transferred to a "supervisor" that stated that this was a known issue, and that they would contact the "back office" to find out when they would free up my rewards miles, and/or issue account credits. Came back after another 5 minutes on hold and stated that it should take no more than another, "3 days." - Yeah, and I'm supposed to believe that after the last guy - on 1/24/2018 - said it would take no more than 5 days. Clearly they couldn't care less how timely they resolve anything.

Boy I'm so glad I'm not stuck in a airport overseas, right about now... with my 50,000+ Venture miles tied up. Wouldn't be a very good pinch to put your trust in anyone from Venture rewards customer service, to do their damndest to help you out with anything at all.

Ended up sending an email to the executive office. - Not like it's going to magically make them have an actual rewards customer service department, with agents that do anything more than just send internal emails and tickets to nowhere.

I'm going to need a lot more than my $95 annual fee back - to get me back in the fold with this stinker.

Message 13 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Update: The travel rewards credits finally posted. Their EO rep called me; and they also agreed to credit the AF. 

I was still a bit surprised that the EO rep was not very conciliatory, instead blaming the whole issue on a, "system error."

It's certainly a systemic error to not have the customer service infrastructure - to adjust rewards miles over the phone. I just want to be able to contact someone in the travel rewards department, that actually has the ability to adjust miles, on the spot... particularly when errors occur.

Blaming it on the computer... after having to make two phone calls into customer service about the issue - one week after the next - is a bit cynical. Their service department really needs to get their act together.

Nevertheless, the financial aspect has ultimately been resolved, so I'll just look at this as a lesson learned; and to make sure that if I'm traveling on Venture miles, to not expect there to exist any dedicated travel rewards agents that would be able to fix any sudden system glitches - certainly not on the spot, nor inside of 7 days, minimum. - Good to know.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.