Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture/Savor combo

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture/Savor combo

I’m probably late but did anyone else realize that you can move your Savor rewards (cash) to you Venture rewards (miles). This effectively means you can earn 4 miles per dollar on the Venture on restaurants and entertainment, if you hold the Savor as well. This is a pretty neat feature if you ask me. It becomes even better if you have the grandfathered Savor and/or Venture with grandfather 59$ fee.

Granted, I will say that even with earning 4% on restaurants/entertainment and 2% on everything else still doesn’t make both cards annual fees justifiable after the 1st year. However, if you are only paying 1 annual fee (59$ or 95$) I suppose it’s not too bad of a tradeoff. Just my opinion though. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
_NERD
Established Contributor

Re: Venture/Savor combo

This is news to me. Was there a promo where you app and get both of those cards for one low AF and the Venture spend earns 4 miles per dollar spent?  By grandfathered, does that mean the promo is no longer available?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_NERD wrote:

This is news to me. Was there a promo where you app and get both of those cards for one low AF and the Venture spend earns 4 miles per dollar spent?  By grandfathered, does that mean the promo is no longer available?

I believe if you had the Savor card before it got upgraded in August, you were grandfathered in with the no annual fee 4% on restaurants/entertainment. If you had the Venture prior to the annual fee raise, you were locked into the 59$ fee. I have the grandfathered no annual fee Savor along with the 95$ fee Venture.

You can basically convert your Savor cash into Venture miles instantly (4% cash back = 4 miles). This is why I said you are essentially getting 4 miles per dollar on restaurants and entertainment if you choose to go this route. In my opinion, this is a great feature for the ones who are only paying 1 annual fee between the two cards.

Message 3 of 39
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@_NERD wrote:

I believe if you had the Savor card before it got upgraded in August, you were grandfathered in with the no annual fee 4% on restaurants/entertainment. If you had the Venture prior to the annual fee raise, you were locked into the 59$ fee. I have the grandfathered no annual fee Savor along with the 95$ fee Venture.

You can basically convert your Savor cash into Venture miles instantly (4% cash back = 4 miles). This is why I said you are essentially getting 4 miles per dollar on restaurants and entertainment if you choose to go this route. In my opinion, this is a great feature for the ones who are only paying 1 annual fee between the two cards.

Are you seeing this ability to transfer "points" (or whatever the Savor unit of measure is) over to "Miles" on Venture? It is a question I had about how the two may align. It certainly seems possible, since US Bank FlexPerks can be transferred to US Bank Altitude, and Wells Fargo combines various card points.

However, once those are moved from Savor to Venture, the Venture transfer would still be 2 : 1.5 so the 4 "Miles" earned on Savor would translate into 3 Airline Miles on the transfer partner programs.

Still a good earning rate, and if I had known all that would be happening, I may have kept my Venture with the lower AF, pre-upgraded my QS to the Savor prior to the Grandfathering, but I missed the DeLorean for that pair.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@_NERD wrote:

Are you seeing this ability to transfer "points" (or whatever the Savor unit of measure is) over to "Miles" on Venture? It is a question I had about how the two may align. It certainly seems possible, since US Bank FlexPerks can be transferred to US Bank Altitude, and Wells Fargo combines various card points.

However, once those are moved from Savor to Venture, the Venture transfer would still be 2 : 1.5 so the 4 "Miles" earned on Savor would translate into 3 Airline Miles on the transfer partner programs.

Still a good earning rate, and if I had known all that would be happening, I may have kept my Venture with the lower AF, pre-upgraded my QS to the Savor prior to the Grandfathering, but I missed the DeLorean for that pair.

Yes, this is certainly a good earning rate none the less. 2% on everything while earning 4% on restaurants/entertainment on Savor that can then be transferred to the “miles equivalent” on the Venture. The ability to convert Savor cash to Venture miles is straightforward as well. You just simply look for Share my rewards that can be found in  Rewards cash tab. You can convert/transfer Savor cash to your eligible accounts or someone else’s. I believe eligible accounts are Quicksilver and Venture accounts.

Message 5 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@_NERD wrote:

Yes, this is certainly a good earning rate none the less. 2% on everything while earning 4% on restaurants/entertainment on Savor that can then be transferred to the “miles equivalent” on the Venture. The ability to convert Savor cash to Venture miles is straightforward as well. You just simply look for Share my rewards that can be found in  Rewards cash tab. You can convert/transfer Savor cash to your eligible accounts or someone else’s. I believe eligible accounts are Quicksilver and Venture accounts.

Have you actually successfully transferred miles to cash, or vice versa?

When I had my Venture the option was there as well, but it would only allow for transfers for cash to cash; when I tried to transfer Venture "miles" to my Quicksilver it gave an error at the very end (along with some very interesting figures on the transfer rate).

Outside of this the only way I know how to transfer from miles to cash is to do a PC; in that case any remaining miles would be transferred over at the rate of 1 mile:1¢.

(They have changed a lot recently, so possibly this limitation has been worked out.)

Message 6 of 39
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Very interesting. This is a mini combo like a CSP - CF.
I'm surprised that there isn't more talk about it on the usual blogs. Or maybe there is, and I just never took notice.

Have you successfully transferred cashback to miles? Or did you just notice the option but didn't try yet?

I'm not sure if I'm ready to apply for a Venture again, but I do have the grandfathered Savor mostly collecting dust, so this could potentially work for some travel partners not part of UR.
Message 7 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only transfer Savor cash to Venture miles. Whenever you try to convert Venture miles to Savor cash it just saids the Savor account is ineligible for that transfer. I’m not sure if the Quicksilver transfer to venture miles works the same way as I don’t have the quicksilver. I can definitely say that it does look like that transfers from Savor cash to Venture miles
seems as it will work.

I haven’t actually tried it yet, but it did say that my cash back would equate to “xyz” miles. It also gave me the option to confirm it which leads me to assume it would work. I only have like a dollar or so cashback in my Savor account so I will test for sure when I am near a computer.
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

If works, its 4cpd on dining, 2cpd on everything else, 190 AF.

Not sure this is a faverable math against Amex Gold.

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that transferring from Savor to Venture definitely works. I just did it and everything went through smoothly.

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.