Did you mean: 

Venture one upgrade

tag
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: QS1 to Venture One to QS

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Horseshoez, Capital One Platinum and Platinum Mastercard refer to different things.

Okay, what is a Quicksilver Platinum Mastercard?

A Quicksilver at the platinum mastercard benefits level, as opposed to world or world elite.

Message 41 of 53
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Horseshoez, Capital One Platinum and Platinum Mastercard refer to different things.

A Quicksilver at the platinum mastercard benefits level, as opposed to world or world elite.

Can you post a reference to it on the CapitalOne web site?

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 42 of 53
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@Slabenstein wrote:

Can you post a reference to it on the CapitalOne web site?0DB4F0B3-CEBC-4471-BEE7-DE854E3DDFEC.jpeg

A0A573E8-0399-4DFA-9AFD-0BB62F0A88CF.jpeg

89BB9291-5919-4503-9BC1-A7934DEA1D06.jpeg

3041904A-1F24-4571-91EA-14F20E95D868.jpeg

Maybe a visual representation of what we are talking about will help. Statements and pics of the backs of my Cap1 cards. There is platinum MC, WMC, and WEMC. Just like there is Visa platinum, Visa signature, and Visa infinate. Different tiers of included card benefits which are dictated by both the network, as well as the issuing financial institution. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 43 of 53
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Since I PCed to the V1 on 11/22/2020 it means I really don't have to wait much longer if what you're saying about 6 months is true. Doesn't make sense to me that those with the QS1 have to get the V1 and have it for 6 months before PCing but I guess that is just their policy? I probably could have upgraded my QS1 4-5 years ago but I never bothered and now I'm regretting it.

Message 44 of 53
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

Since I PCed to the V1 on 11/22/2020 it means I really don't have to wait much longer if what you're saying about 6 months is true. Doesn't make sense to me that those with the QS1 have to get the V1 and have it for 6 months before PCing but I guess that is just their policy? I probably could have upgraded my QS1 4-5 years ago but I never bothered and now I'm regretting it.

It's definitely not their policy, it's just the route that a lot of people have found effective. Some are able to switch directly to the QS. It's a YMMV situation with them. Don't regret getting the QS, it's not a big deal. Sometimes along the way in the world of credit we don't always make the right choice for the long run because we get caught up in the now. It's just another card. If you don't want it, close it; it's not going to hurt anything if you do. If you want to keep it and put a small charge on it here and there to keep it active, it's just as well. It's a solid, reliable, basic rewards card with no FTF. There are a lot of far worse cards out there that you could have ended up with. Smiley Happy

TCL $199,800
Message 45 of 53
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I will keep the QS I currently have because it is a world elite mastercard and if cap one starts allowing people to combine accounts again I could have just have it merged into a V1 once it becomes a quicksilver and then I'd have a higher CL which would mean the new account and inquiry for the QS I currently have wouldn't have been a waste. Do you truly think I will be able to PC to a QS around 5/22/2021? My guess is that they see the V1 above the QS1 but below the QS so it is like the QS1 is level 1, V1 level 2 and then QS level 3 and that they won't let you reach level 3 until you've completed level 2? Only logical theory I can come up with on why they made you and likely me as well go that route. 

Message 46 of 53
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

I will share my CapOne run -(obviously, a lot has changed in 8 years.) 
In 2013, I got a QS1 and also a Platinum card.  Each had a SL of $1300.  TBH, I thought I had only applied for one but somehow must've applied for two... Anyway, my QS1 grew to $8500 and the Pltm to $4000.
 In 2015, I combined to the QS1.  A year later, my QS1 was upgraded to the QS and as a World MC.  In May 2018, I was fortunate to PC this QS to a no AF Savor.  While this Savor did get CLD from $17500 to $5000 last fall, I  harbor no harsh feelings and still feel CapOne is fantastic.

Message 47 of 53
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 cap one and 2 chase cards as well as the target Mastercard. I would say both cap one and chase have their strengths and weaknesses. There are many things cap one is better at than chase and vise versa. 

What do you think the odds are that I will be able to PC the V1 to the QS on May 22 which will be 6 months since I PCed the QS1 to the V1?

Message 48 of 53
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@rgd51 wrote:

I have 2 cap one and 2 chase cards as well as the target Mastercard. I would say both cap one and chase have their strengths and weaknesses. There are many things cap one is better at than chase and vise versa. 

What do you think the odds are that I will be able to PC the V1 to the QS on May 22 which will be 6 months since I PCed the QS1 to the V1?

I honestly can't think of a reason why that would be an issue. Nothing is ever 100% guaranteed in the world of credit, however. QS, V1, S1, Venture, and Savor all fall into the category they consider their prime cards. Secured, Platinum, QS1, and Journey fall into their sub-prime category. The only real way to find out is to wait your 181 days and call them up and ask. The CSR will ask the almighty Cap1 computer, and whatever the computer says is what goes with them. 

TCL $199,800
Message 49 of 53
rgd51
Frequent Contributor

Why don't you think it will be an issue? Do I have to call in for it or do I have the ability to go online and do it? I only have about a month and a half left to go so I might as well just wait it out.

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.