Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VentureOne VS Venture?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VentureOne VS Venture?

I got mine for travel.  I have others that offer better rewards.  I plan on putting all of my hubby's a/c change-outs on it.  That will get us somewhere!  Not sure where I want to go! Smiley Surprised

Message 11 of 29
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine for travel.  I have others that offer better rewards.  I plan on putting all of my hubby's a/c change-outs on it.  That will get us somewhere!  Not sure where I want to go! Smiley Surprised

It will get you 1.25 cents per $, if redeemed for travel.  As others have said, the QS would get you 1.5c, for whatever.   After the bonus (and get the Venture for that), no point in this card!

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

No one should get a venture one because it offers only 1.25 rewards. Get the quicksilver because it offers 1.5 rewards. The venture has an annual fee and offer 2x rewards.
Message 13 of 29
Repairman
Established Contributor

Isn't a good reason to have a Venture One card is to use it as a rebuilder? I already have a Quicksilver card and am Prequalified for a Venture One. I really want to obtain more credit as my Fico scores are stagnant with the notation that I have too few accounts. So, wouldn't applying for the Venture One be a good thing for me?

Message 14 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

Isn't a good reason to have a Venture One card is to use it as a rebuilder? I already have a Quicksilver card and am Prequalified for a Venture One. I really want to obtain more credit as my Fico scores are stagnant with the notation that I have too few accounts. So, wouldn't applying for the Venture One be a good thing for me?

No (IMO).

If you want to rebuild, at least choose a card with different benefits than what you have. The Venture One is basically a lesser version of your QS and offers you no advantage or benefit.

Consider maybe a 5% rotating card or something so at least you have variety instead of a useless account.

Message 15 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Friends Don't Let Friends Get A VentureOne

Message 16 of 29
Repairman
Established Contributor

That's easier said than done. When rebuilding, you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. I'm interested in that card solely because I got a prequalify offer for it.

Message 17 of 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

That's easier said than done. When rebuilding, you don't exactly have the pick of the litter. I'm interested in that card solely because I got a prequalify offer for it.

Two things

1) prequalification doesn't mean much. It's pure marketing. It means you may be approved for said card. However, you should still go for the card you actually want.

2) While I agree that rebuilders may not have as many options, there is still no reason to choose a card that is a lesser version of what you already have!

Message 18 of 29
Repairman
Established Contributor

Well, my reason is I need more accounts and a higher amount of available credit, to raise my scores. I don't even need the card for monetary needs. Given how good Cap 1 has been to me in my rebuilding process, I think they're prequalify is very likely to pan out.

Message 19 of 29
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Repairman wrote:

Well, my reason is I need more accounts and a higher amount of available credit, to raise my scores. I don't even need the card for monetary needs. Given how good Cap 1 has been to me in my rebuilding process, I think they're prequalify is very likely to pan out.

Your amount of actual credit doesn't really matter in your credit score. It's the utilization of that credit that matters. You can achieve the same goal by paying your bill before the statement is generated. No inquiry, and no useless account. 

I don't understand why people feel the need to pad their utilization with cards that they never intend on using. If you can't get what you want, you wait until you can, you don't settle for something else. 

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.