Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa Rewards card 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%

tag
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

Verizon Visa Rewards card 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%

Verizon is now offering a Visa Rewards card, handled by Synchrony.  The kicker, rewards are "Verizon Dollars" to be used on Verizon purchases.  There is a limited signup bonus, but you would be lucky to get $10 IMO.

4% on groceries and gas

3% on dining and takeout

2% on Verizon purchases

1% everything else

Anybody burning a HP for this one?

Offer Details and Eligibility Requirements

The Early Access promotion’s sign up list is valid from 12:00 noon ET on 6/22/20 – 9:00 pm ET on 6/25/20. To sign up to be added to the list, you must be a Verizon Wireless account owner or manager of an account with 10 or less phone lines; aged 18+ and a US resident. Prepaid customers and Verizon employees, including employees covered under collective bargaining agreements, are ineligible to participate. Verizon Dollars will be awarded within 2-3 billing cycles to each eligible account owner's or manager's My Verizon account who completes all the following: (1) signs up on the list during the promotional period, (2) applies for a Verizon Visa Card through the link provided by the specified date, and (3) is approved for the Verizon Visa Card ("Approved Participant"). $1,000,000 Verizon Dollars is available to be divided equally among all the Approved Participants, however in no event will any individual Approved Participant be awarded more than $1,000 Verizon Dollars. The actual amount awarded to each Approved Participant and the total amount awarded will depend upon the number of Approved Participants. For example, if there are 10,000 Approved Participants, then each will be awarded $100 Verizon Dollars and the $1,000,000 Verizon Dollars in total will be awarded. Void where prohibited. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Early Access promotion in the event of fraud or abuse of the promotion.

Verizon Visa Rewards link 

Verizon Visa Rewards Terms 

Message 1 of 137
136 REPLIES 136
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Re: Verizon Visa Rewards card 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%

Thanks for the heads up!  Interesting card arrangement. I had not heard of this card!

I have Verizon and I could use that but not really sure it offers enough added value.  (Basically would only pay me 0.5% to 1% extra back on some of my grocery spend in two quarters of the year when Freedom and Discover don't pay 5%.)  If they offered more cash back on Verizon or other categories, it might be more attractive.  It's not bad ... it's just not better than a lot of other cards if you're already optimizing categories.   And definitely don't want an extra HP or new account at the moment.  I clicked the link to read more about it, it prompted me to sign in to my Verizon account, and told me I'm added to the early sign-up list.  Smiley Surprised  Oh well, doubt I will follow through right now. 

The redemption only in Verizon Dollars is put-offish.  I like flexibility.  But on the other hand, you can use the rewards to pay for your monthly wireless or FIOS bill, new devices, or accessories.   So that's a win. 

4% on groceries and gas   .... (I have 3% to 5% already covered)

3% on dining and takeout ....  ( I have 3% + already covered)

2% on Verizon purchases  ..... (I have 2% + already covered)

1% everything else  ..........  (I have 2% + already covered)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 2 of 137
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

interesting although doubt ill byte... aesthetically pleasing and decent rewards although have better cards most of the time.

Message 3 of 137
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a metal card? It sure looks like it might be. 

Honestly the rewards scheme is nothing to write home about, especially since switching from Verizon to a Verizon MVNO can save you over 50%, but I'm sure it will be popular. 

Message 4 of 137
wasCB14
Super Contributor

With ~150 million subscribers, if 1% of those lead to an approval, that means 1.5 million approvals and a SUB of about $0.66.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 137
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@wasCB14 wrote:

With ~150 million subscribers, if 1% of those lead to an approval, that means 1.5 million approvals and a SUB of about $0.66.

Verizon is gold standard of celluar sevice..  With that said I highly doubt 1% would sign up even as kinda hidden.  I do think the bonus is very vague as one could get 1k or as you mentioned .66 cents or even less.. Although speculate it will probably be at leat 10 or so dollars as only is good for what 4 days?  Doubt 1.5 millino ppl will apply for this card in 4 days although stranger things have happened..  Decent card for those without better options for a very lenient lender with lower credit standards than say Us Bank/Citi and the likes

Message 6 of 137
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@wasCB14 wrote:

"To sign up to be added to the list, you must be a Verizon Wireless account owner or manager of an account with 10 or less phone lines; aged 18+ and a US resident. Prepaid customers and Verizon employees, including employees covered under collective bargaining agreements, are ineligible to participate."

That will exclude an overwhelming majority of subscribers.  Of those who meet the qualifications, I can't imagine that many both qualifying for the card and applying through that link by Thursday.

Message 7 of 137
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote: 
Doubt 1.5 millino ppl will apply for this card in 4 days although stranger things have happened..  

No, for that you need a small credit union with a crazy uncapped rewards program.

Message 8 of 137
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

I was jokingly thinking about this card, but will need to sit down and run some numbers on this now.  On top of the the early bird signup of anwhere from $0.01 to $1000.00 (depending on the # of people that signup), they are also offering up to a $100 promo credit (to be applied over 24 monthly bill cycles Smiley Very Happy ).

But the thing that just caught my eye is that you could actually pay your monthly bill with the card and it still qualify for the auto-pay discount that I currently get (I think, not sure yet without more digging).  So I'm wondering if I could get the 2% rewards towards paying my monthly bill using this card.  If I use a credit card on the plan I have, I lose my $50/month discount I'm currently getting.

Additional Card Holder Benefits

1. New Card Holder Offer. Receive up to $100 promotional (promo) credit per credit card account, when paying a Verizon Wireless or Verizon Fios bill with either a Verizon Visa Card or by redeeming Verizon Dollars to pay the total bill amount. Promo credit is applied to your Verizon Wireless bill over a period of twenty-four (24) consecutive bill cycles, equaling a credit of $4.17 per bill. The period begins within 1-2 billing cycles after the credit card account approval.

The credit will be applied only if and when the bill payment requirements are met for each billing cycle. In the event that bill payment requirements are not met, no credit will be applied to the next applicable bill cycle.
  2. TravelPass Offer. You are eligible for two (2) single-day-use TravelPass days at the time of credit card account approval. One offer (two TravelPass days) per credit card account per calendar year.

TravelPass days will be awarded on the first calendar day of each year. TravelPass days must be used within the same calendar year they are provided. TravelPass days do not roll over to the following calendar year and will be forfeited if not used by close of the calendar year.

TravelPass eligibility rules apply. Price plans that are ineligible to redeem the TravelPass Offer include any grandfathered/legacy plans, as well as the Above Unlimited plan. Devices that are ineligible include 3G devices, 4G non-GSM devices and connected devices (including watches). TravelPass days awarded within this Rewards Program have no cash value and are issued for reward purposes only and cannot be purchased, sold, transferred or redeemed for cash.

Visit verizonwireless.com/support to learn more, including terms and conditions and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
  3. Auto Pay Discount Offer. You may be eligible for $5 or $10 promotional credit per Verizon Wireless line when you sign up for paperless billing and Auto Pay with the Verizon Visa Card. Exact promotional credit amount depends on the Verizon Wireless plan you have selected. Plan eligibility rules apply.

You also may be eligible for $10 promotional credit per Verizon Fios account when you sign up for paperless billing and Auto Pay with the Verizon Visa Card. Eligibility rules apply.

Visit verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/#autopay to learn more, including terms and conditions, specific rules on promo credit amount and eligible plans.

Message 9 of 137
Remedios
Credit Mentor

That card doesn't look bad at all to me, especially for those who do not have a separate card for every imaginable purpose. 

Message 10 of 137
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.