Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Visa Rewards card 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Verizon Visa Rewards card 4%, 3%, 2%, 1%

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@ChargedUp simplycash isnt offered anymore...  As @Remedios mentioned if one is a verizon die hard and doesnt max everything out like myself with a make an excuse for 30 cards then this is a well rounded card imho as an average phone cell bill is at least 55-60 and most likely higher with verizon.

edit: wont lie signed up for notification within 24 hours ill get app link texted to me.. Whether I apply or not who knows Smiley Happy.. Only have a 35k lowes card atm so have alot of meat on the bone left with sync....

Congrats on your approval!

Also, first!!!

Message 21 of 137
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also another benefit.. This card is looking better and better...

Verizon customers get the Auto Pay discount – which either $5 or $10 per line each month – when paying with the Verizon credit card. 

So that is either 60-120 a year savings on something one pays for right there on a bill that has to be paid...

Message 22 of 137
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I have Xfinity, and if they had a card, if would be something like 

5% for resetting router 

3% for time spent in vain trying to connect to xfinity network

1% on time spent pulling your hair because you thought it was a good idea at some point 

Message 23 of 137
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Agreed, 1.5M would be unlikely. But even at 15,000 it would be under $100.

So what are the best options for phone service these days, as far as rewards and damage protection? Do any other cards include "telecom incidentals" like this?

Amex Platinum has the $20 credit (and is a card I'd have anyway) but that goes away in a few months.

How fussy is Chase about using an Ink Cash for personal telecom spend?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 24 of 137
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

5% for resetting router 

1% on time spent pulling your hair because you thought it was a good idea at some point 

Forgot 20% bonus for whenever you have to deal with talking to their CSR reps .. Never again will I have anything Xfininity I rather get hit in you know where 1000 times over.

Message 25 of 137
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

How fussy is Chase about using an Ink Cash for personal telecom spend?

I've been doing it for a year with no issues.

With CSR, 7.5% in UR points when transferred over to it is hard to beat.

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 26 of 137
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

5% for resetting router 

Frogot 20% bonus for whenever you have to deal with talkign to their CSR reps .. Never again will I have anything Xfininity I rather get hit in you know where 1000 times over.

You're not even kidding

Last time I had to call them, a tree fell on their box. I specifically said "Three fell" 

CSR "Have you tried resetting your router" 

I just hung up and hoped one of my neighbors calls. 

Message 27 of 137
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

5% for resetting router 

Frogot 20% bonus for whenever you have to deal with talkign to their CSR reps .. Never again will I have anything Xfininity I rather get hit in you know where 1000 times over.

You're not even kidding

Last time I had to call them, a tree fell on their box. I specifically said "Three fell" 

While these automated and mandatory checklists can be very annoying, they do actually have some value both to the company and the customer.   A surprising number of calls are due to things being unplugged or similar.    And, it has happened to me:  a guy repairing our washing machine had unplugged it and the FiOS box.   We called in to see where the internet had gone and were told "It looks like there is no power going to your ONT".     So we plugged it back in and,yes, it just happened to work that time!

Message 28 of 137
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

5% for resetting router 

You're not even kidding

While these automated and mandatory checklists can be very annoying, they do actually have some value both to the company and the customer.   A surprising number of calls are due to things being unplugged or similar.    And, it has happened to me:  a guy repairing our washing machine had unplugged it and the FiOS box.   We called in to see where the internet had gone and were told "It looks like there is no power going to your ONT".     So we plugged it back in and,yes, it just happened to work that time!

Should of bought a powerball ticket that night as well..  You most likely would of been retired by now!

Message 29 of 137
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

5% for resetting router 

You're not even kidding

You didn't check that before calling and raising costs for everyone? 

Message 30 of 137
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.