Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very UPSET WITH HSBC/ORCHARD BANK!

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Very UPSET WITH HSBC/ORCHARD BANK!

If you real like HSBC why dont you try for HSBC Direct Rewards Discover Card. There is no AF for the card and much better in terms.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

hey......NO YELLING ON THE BOARD!
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

mymy wrote:
hey......NO YELLING ON THE BOARD!

If you are referring to me I was not yelling!  I simply did not turn off my caps lock earlier cause my power kept on going in an out! (Wow didn't know you couldn't type without people automatically getting offended!)
Message 13 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm guessing that this was just meant as a general advisory. It's an e-mail etiquette point that all caps = hostility, and many people have carried this over to online sites in general. So even when it's not meant to be hostile, an all-caps post often registers on your brain that way.

Anyway, for those of us who do a lot of reading on the forums, anything that makes it easier on our poor eyeballs is a good thing! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 18
Ally_j135
Valued Member

Ok, I have an Orchard card and doing business with this company is slightly hilarious and slightly histerics.......I have one 30 day late which occurred because I totally didnt get the biil that month and forgot to check online (when I wasnt on point with my credit).  They will not remove it.......there like well mam we didnt do anything wrong so its your problem.......fine I'm still fighting that one

The one that kills me is when they gave me a $100 dollar credit increase and charged me $25 for it....lmho so I call them am like why am I charged $25 and there like cuz we gave u a credit increase.....so I say if your gonna charge me for a credit increase you could of given me more then a $100 increase I have paid my bill on time(accept that once) and never been over limit.  So they tell me well u should definitly take the credit increase because your card doesnt increase much more anyway then that.......what can I say............sometimes you have to just laugh!
Message 15 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This is definitely one of those paying-your-dues cards. Stay under their radar as much as possible, pay in full every month --a good 10 days before your statement date, two months before your one-year birthday stop using the card entirely and start paying it off whenever you can. Whenever you legitimately get to a final $0 balance, print that off and save it, and keep on going. With luck, you will be able to force them to admit that you are paid in full, and they really can't extort any more fees from you. At this point, close it down.

These cards are only meant to help you get back on your feet. They aren't going to work with you; they aren't going to grow with you. They are crutches, and once you can walk on your own 2 feet again, let them go. Good luck! (for anyone dealing with these schmucks.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
This is definitely one of those paying-your-dues cards. Stay under their radar as much as possible, pay in full every month --a good 10 days before your statement date, two months before your one-year birthday stop using the card entirely and start paying it off whenever you can. Whenever you legitimately get to a final $0 balance, print that off and save it, and keep on going. With luck, you will be able to force them to admit that you are paid in full, and they really can't extort any more fees from you. At this point, close it down.

These cards are only meant to help you get back on your feet. They aren't going to work with you; they aren't going to grow with you. They are crutches, and once you can walk on your own 2 feet again, let them go. Good luck! (for anyone dealing with these schmucks.)

Good point out with the pay 10 days in advance! I have heard that some ccc's are holding payments 10 days now!
Message 17 of 18
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I have both and I never recieved and invatation. They are only good as a starter card. Once you see your CR improve dump them. 
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.