Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very happy/surprised at my recent credit luck

tag
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Very happy/surprised at my recent credit luck

Hey everyone, my first post here. I just wanted to share my recent credit luck and how happy I am with it. 

First of all I'm 21 y.o. and had 2 accounts, one CAP1 Plat with 300 limit started in february and a car loan from may. About a week ago I check my cap1 account and see that my limit has been increased from 300 to 500. Nice surprise, so on a whim I check my experian score on freecreditscore.com. Lo and behold I have a 707. So I apply for an Amex Blue...instant approval. I couldn't tell you how excited I was, I have always wanted an Amex and now I have one at 21. So i press my luck, I figure why not have all the hard pulls on my credit at once and see if I can get lucky. So I apply for a Chase freedom, cap1 rewards, citi forward and discover more.

As of today I got declined for the Chase, but got instant approval on the citi and discover, still waiting on the CAP1.

My limits: Amex 1k, Discover 2k, Citi 3k. 

I jumped my credit limit from 500 to 6500 in a week. I so happy and so proud and I can't wait for these shiny new cards to come in the mail! Thanks for reading guys!

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Very happy/surprised at my recent credit luck

Congratulations!  Make sure you treat the accounts well.

Do you happen to have any student loans reporting?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 21
S7
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! That's fantastic! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 3 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! That's awesome!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I am lucky enough to have no student loans and be in my junior year of college. I make about 30k a year right now. 

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Message 5 of 21
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@patsfan1453 wrote:

I am lucky enough to have no student loans and be in my junuor year of college. I make about 30k a year right now. 

Well there you go!  You haven't even graduated and you're pretty successful.  I see a bright credit future for you Smiley Very Happy

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 6 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

@Snacktrader Thank you very much, and thank you all for the kind words!

Message 7 of 21
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Congrats!my higher credit limit after 2 years credit history was citi. Citi was good credit limit so far. Chase is hard to get. I'll wait for another year for stupid inquiries on my credit report. Then I'll re-apply with chase and AMEX

Message 8 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!! Hmm weird that you got Amex w a$1k limit. Theyve been doing a min of $2k lately!!! Either way dont for get to ask for a 3xcli at 61 days!
Ugh, Im a student tooo and just recently got my Amex BCE. I have student loans too :-( lol oh well!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 21
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I wish I had applied for one of the higher grade blue cashes and not the standard but oh well. Update: Denied by Cap1, am honestly not broken up about it. Would rather have better cards in my wallet. Overall goal is to have a chase freedom and amex charge card in the next year or so. I'm about to have about 6 HP on my CS for these cards, was wondering if there was one other I should apply for while I'm at it...any suggestions?

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.