cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO


@SouthJamaica wrote:


I received the same thing. I would say it's a major lender's attempt to enter the sub-prime market, and borders on fraudulent.

 


But why target someone like me for sub-prime cards?! (My scores are in the 800s.)

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 21 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO


@SoCalGardener wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:


I received the same thing. I would say it's a major lender's attempt to enter the sub-prime market, and borders on fraudulent.

 


But why target someone like me for sub-prime cards?! (My scores are in the 800s.)


That I don't know. But after reading the mailer backwards and forwards, I couldn't fathom why anyone would apply for that card, unless they had nowhere else to turn.


Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 22 of 35
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO


@SouthJamaica wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:


I received the same thing. I would say it's a major lender's attempt to enter the sub-prime market, and borders on fraudulent.

 


But why target someone like me for sub-prime cards?! (My scores are in the 800s.)


That I don't know. But after reading the mailer backwards and forwards, I couldn't fathom why anyone would apply for that card, unless they had nowhere else to turn.


Yeah, you know, now that you word it that way, that's basically how it hit me, too. I just hadn't formed the thought yet! The whole tone, touting its supposed 'prestige' and such, yet I've never even HEARD of it, made me wonder.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 23 of 35
summerterrace
Regular Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

We got a invitation in the mail today too a whopping 1% cash back on all purchases and no sub.  Shredder donation.  😂

US Bank Altitude Reserve, Delta Gold Am Ex, PenFed Power Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Navy Federal Flagship, Chase Freedom, IHG Rewards Club Premier, Marriott Bonvoy Premier
Message 24 of 35
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO


@summerterrace wrote:

We got a invitation in the mail today too a whopping 1% cash back on all purchases and no sub.  Shredder donation.  😂


Indeed! But now you're in our very exclusive little club!! Smiley Very Happy

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 25 of 35
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO


@SoCalGardener wrote:

@summerterrace wrote:

We got a invitation in the mail today too a whopping 1% cash back on all purchases and no sub.  Shredder donation.  😂


Indeed! But now you're in our very exclusive little club!! Smiley Very Happy


Right, and who needs rewards when you can have all that "prestige"?


Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 35
Leapling
Valued Member

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

I got one on Thursday. So excited to be part of such a prestigious club. 

Message 27 of 35
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

Uh uhh - no no! 🤨 Ya'll ain't leaving me up out'cha Supah Special Prestigious Club!! 
I'm in like Flynn, Baby! 😂😂😂

725ECD70-D368-4BFD-AC73-8C5FE4ABB6D2.jpeg

 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 28 of 35
uoyankee
New Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

I received that same mailer, it looks nice but it's absolute garbage.  1% back and they're touting regular visa benefits like it's something special.  I'm not sure who they are trying to trick here with the marketing but it must be working for someone.  

Message 29 of 35
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Re: Very impressive black mailer invitation from FNBO

It probably works on more people than you'd guess. Example: my brother has a great career and great credit, and he puts everything on his Barclay card, like $6K spend per month. It is basically a 1% card, though the points are 2% if redeemed for travel, which he doesn't do that much of. He thought it was a great card until I told him about some other options he could easily get. A year later, he is STILL running $6K spend/month through that card. I think we forget sometimes how different MyFICOers see these things than even the relatively credit-savvy part of the general public.



FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.