Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very nice Home Depot cli!!!

tag
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Very nice Home Depot cli!!!

Just wanted to brag a little as I have worked my butt off trying to pull my credit score up. I took what I'm assuming will be a HP to request a cli from $1200 to $5200, got the 7-10 day message and 2 hours later I logged on to see my new $5200 credit line!!! I am so unbelievably PUMPED!! It is now my biggest cl.

Details: 5% overall util spread over 3 of my 6 current cards- one card is at 10% util, one at 9% and one at <1%. The kicker is that I put $500+ thru my H.D. card over the past few days, so my bal was $500 something out of my $1200 cl.. I will probably never ever carry a balance even close to that $5200 but it sure will help in keeping my total util low which is my biggest goal. SO,SO happy!! Smiley Very Happy  P.s. Opened this card in the fall of 2011 and this was my first cli request. I'm fully expecting a HP but it was SO worth it! Citi has been very good to me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Very nice Home Depot cli!!!

That's great, Congrats on your nice CLI!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

hmmmm next time my dad requests a CLI on his Sears MC ima let him know to request a good amount last time he did one he only requested for it go from $3,700 to $4,000 -_- since we had heard that they dont do BIG cli. Oh well next time but congrats to you!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 7
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

After seeing your post:

I just went from 3k to 8800 via the online form. I received the 7-10 business day message as well. Prior to that I went from 1k to 4500 on Lowes.

Message 5 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Nice CLI!!!

@lecorps4fun even nicer CLI!!!

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 7
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@sunshine7157 wrote:

Just wanted to brag a little as I have worked my butt off trying to pull my credit score up. I took what I'm assuming will be a HP to request a cli from $1200 to $5200, got the 7-10 day message and 2 hours later I logged on to see my new $5200 credit line!!! I am so unbelievably PUMPED!! It is now my biggest cl.

Details: 5% overall util spread over 3 of my 6 current cards- one card is at 10% util, one at 9% and one at <1%. The kicker is that I put $500+ thru my H.D. card over the past few days, so my bal was $500 something out of my $1200 cl.. I will probably never ever carry a balance even close to that $5200 but it sure will help in keeping my total util low which is my biggest goal. SO,SO happy!! Smiley Very Happy  P.s. Opened this card in the fall of 2011 and this was my first cli request. I'm fully expecting a HP but it was SO worth it! Citi has been very good to me.

CONGRATS on your CLI! 

Home Depot/CITI has been very good to me over the years.  Keep an eye out, you're likely to get another promo in probably 3-6 months of usage.  I just got one, they are making their usual 0% financing for 18 months for purchases over $499, AND offering to bump my CL from $9700, to $11,700!  I'm very tempted, but I don't have any big purchases planned.  But if you get one if these, you'll be golden with them!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.