Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very, very upset with Synchrony Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Very, very upset with Synchrony Bank

@Anonymous wrote:

The app is called Fudget if anyone is interested. I also use it for manual budgeting because I don’t like apps that request access to my accounts. 

I had autopay set up for one month but it’s just not for me. I want control over what comes out and when. 

Seems to be interesting. I downloaded into my cellphone to trial it. But what's the advantage to use an App when compared with a Excel sheet? I have an Excel sheet with all cards, due date, logins, urls, etc ...

Related to autopay, I am a lazy guy. If autopay is configured, probably I will not check all statements as required. Do not use autopay forces me to check all statements before to manually pay.

Message 21 of 32
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

I can't remember if the Amazon Visa is under the 5/24 rule or not - it may be out of reach for two years at this point due to you having too many new accounts. 

According the link, the Visa Amazon Card is managed by Chase.

https://creditcards.chase.com/cash-back-credit-cards/amazon-rewards

Is the 5/24 rule applied when you are a Chase client?

Yes, but if you can get an in branch preapproval those are golden.

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The app is called Fudget if anyone is interested. I also use it for manual budgeting because I don’t like apps that request access to my accounts. 

I had autopay set up for one month but it’s just not for me. I want control over what comes out and when. 

Seems to be interesting. I downloaded into my cellphone to trial it. But what's the advantage to use an App when compared with a Excel sheet? I have an Excel sheet with all cards, due date, logins, urls, etc ...

Related to autopay, I am a lazy guy. If autopay is configured, probably I will not check all statements as required. Do not use autopay forces me to check all statements before to manually pay.

I like the app because it got me on a budget. I run everything off my phone as much as I can so it’s far easier to use a native app than deal with spreadsheets plus this one backs up to Dropbox if you get the full version (like $7 I think) and you can have multiple budgets. I have run tentative budgets all the way to January. I wasn’t budgeting at all before I got this app and now I budget to the penny. 

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

I am wondering switch BoA for Chase.

Message 24 of 32
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

I can't remember if the Amazon Visa is under the 5/24 rule or not - it may be out of reach for two years at this point due to you having too many new accounts. 

According the link, the Visa Amazon Card is managed by Chase.

https://creditcards.chase.com/cash-back-credit-cards/amazon-rewards

Is the 5/24 rule applied when you are a Chase client?

Being a Chase client doesn't always get you in the back door and past the 5/24 rule. I agree with several previous posters, I would not apply for new credit right now. I'd let your current accounts age, and close any accounts with fees before the next yearly fees hit (I can't remember if you have any with fees or not). 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 25 of 32
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

I am wondering switch BoA for Chase.

Have a bank teller check pre-qualifications for you before you switch. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

Have a bank teller check pre-qualifications for you before you switch. 

Yes, I'll schedule an appoitment next week.

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as I'm aware you have to be an existing Chase customer to get in-branch pre-approvals.  When you visit the personal banker the first thing they ask for is government-issued ID and a Chase credit or debit card to prove a relationship with them.  From my cursory reading of this thread it doesn't appear that the OP is currently a Chase customer.

Message 28 of 32
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

I think I'd be more concerned about what sounds like the fact that your credit profile is new (or is it not?), and you've applied for a bunch of cards already. Chase is one of the more finicky lenders. Anyway, you might get some luck on in-branch application.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

I think I'd be more concerned about what sounds like the fact that your credit profile is new (or is it not?), and you've applied for a bunch of cards already. Chase is one of the more finicky lenders. Anyway, you might get some luck on in-branch application.

Yes, I'll stop to apply to new cards. I need recover my confidence after Synchrony Bank earthquake.

I received the Walmart Card physical card but I'm not able to activate because it's  Synchrony Bank management.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.