cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret paid my bill for me? (small balance write-off)

tag
krial
Regular Contributor

Victoria Secret paid my bill for me? (small balance write-off)

ROFL, OK so the title might be just a tad misleading.

You see, I had some coupons and stuff to use at Victoria Secret and I wanted to put some usage on my card, so I ordered a couple of little things and used up my coupons. When it was all said and done my order totaled a whopping $0.58 and I put it on my Victoria Secret card.

After giving it a couple of days to post I logged in to pay it and it showed that nothing was owed. After checking out the recent transactions, I see:

12/12/2013        SMALL BALANCE WRITE-OFF          Credit Adjustment          -$0.58

Do they have to pay some sort of transaction fee to pull money from my checking account when I pay my bill, and it just wasn't worth it for 58 cents? LOL. Granted I don't recall ever having charged such a small amount on any card before, but this is the first time I've seen such a thing.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: Victoria Secret paid my bill for me? (small balance write-off)

Score! Happy Holidays! Don't spend it all in one place Smiley Happy

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Beats nothing, though barely.  Smiley Happy  

But then again, VS is all about the barely.  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, this typically happens with most companies for some small balance thresholds.  Well, this saves you from submitting an online bill payment for .58c!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.