Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victory in amex backdating war of attrition

tag
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Re: Victory in amex backdating war of attrition

Actually, this (and many other credit-associated) ordeal has really helped me in learning to stay polite when dealing with absurdity. Up until a few years ago, my reaction was to just explode in a torrent of anger and cruelty. The process of improving my credit has led to concrete examples of getting things that "cannot be done" done with persistent, calm politeness. This reinforcement has helped me apply this approach in other aspects of my life. Plus, the victory was a tad sweeter having worked for it. They sent new cards via ups on Friday, should arrive tomorrow. Now my graying hair and member since date will match!

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 11 of 14
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

This should be VERY advantageous. I had to go backdoor and rebuild my Amex relationship with now two business cards. If I get this backdate, I should be able to add a simple Green and re-establish a CL back to 98. AAoA has been THE component that I haven't been able to fix in my FICO profile. Got all my COs off, payment history strong and utilization is contrallable. As long as I don't have any surprises I hope to make it to 750+ range...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 12 of 14
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

"THANK YOU FOR BEING A CARDMEMBER SINCE 1998" showed up on the website this morning Whaooooooo to say the least. Need to add one AMEX consumer card to the mix to get be able to declar a FULL rebirth of where I used to be. And with alot more knowledge and understanding, history should NOT repeat itself...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 13 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Grats.  AMEX will play a significant role in my rebuild from here on as well. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.