Did you mean: 

Virgin America Cards

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Virgin America Cards

New VX cards, issued by Comenity, previously Barclays:

Virgin America Cards

Can't apply yet, but the landing page is there.  I wonder if I'll get a pop up in my Elevate account Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Virgin America Cards

@B335is wrote:

New VX cards, issued by Comenity, previously Barclays:

Virgin America Cards

Can't apply yet, but the landing page is there.  I wonder if I'll get a pop up in my Elevate account Smiley Very Happy

WOW... is it just me or does Comenity seem to be making a run for some market share lately and this in my mind at least would be a co-branded card that is not in the same type of line up as many of their other cards.... I feel just a matter of years ago they were kind of like GE was 8+ years ago and barely had anything visa and now so many are popping up!

This will be on my list when it comes out as they fly direct to my parents.

Message 2 of 14
swpopham
Established Contributor

i wouldnt be supprised if they pick up GE's credit card division as it is for sale.... Maybe capital one is their main competitior?

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

@swpopham, I would be very surprised if they even remotely thought of trying to buy a company that's almost 50 times larger in terms of assets than them.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@creditaddict, I agree, this doesn't fit the typical Comenity mold. Total Rewards is possibly close, but even Cap1 doesn't have an airline specific Co - branded card. These sure look pretty.
Message 5 of 14
rlx01
Established Contributor

Hmm... I was really hoping the new VX cards would be identical to the new Barclay HA cards.

Do Comenity issue any other Visa Sigs? What kind of limits? Any 0% FTF cards?

Message 6 of 14
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

Some details from one of the links on that page:

Virgin America Visa Signature® Card benefits:

• Get 10,000 Elevate® bonus points
  • Earn up to 3 points per $1 spent
  • Free first checked bag on flights
  • Get $150 off a companion ticket
  • Save 20% on RED™ in-flight purchases

Virgin America Premium Visa Signature® Card benefits:

• Get 15,000 Elevate® bonus points
  • Earn up to 3 points per $1 spent
  • No change or cancel fees on flights
  • Earn up to 15,000 status points
  • Carry forward up to 10,000 status points
  • Free first checked bag on flights
  • Get $150 off a companion ticket
  • Save 20% on RED™ in-flight purchases
Message 7 of 14
rlx01
Established Contributor

More details here:

https://d.comenity.net/virginamericavisa/public/help/HelpQuestions.xhtml

And:

https://d.comenity.net/virginamericavisa/public/apply/TermsAndConditions.xhtml

$49.00 for Virgin America Visa Cards and $149.00 for Virgin America Premium Visa Cards

3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.

I'm not seeing the attraction in this card at all, and I love VX. What a shame.

Message 8 of 14
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

Are they the same as BofA's Virgin Atlantic MasterCard?
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
@swpopham, I would be very surprised if they even remotely thought of trying to buy a company that's almost 50 times larger in terms of assets than them.

+1

Too large to swallow without even getting an ugly stare from the regulators.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.