Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America non signature card?

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Virgin America non signature card?

Today I received my virgin america card after getting approved via recon initially for $300 Cl then a subsequent Cl recon to 20k. However, despite my 20k cl it's just a standard visa not a visa signature, what gives? 😳
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
39Xelor
Established Member

Re: Virgin America non signature card?

@Happychap wrote:
Today I received my virgin america card after getting approved via recon initially for $300 Cl then a subsequent Cl recon to 20k. However, despite my 20k cl it's just a standard visa not a visa signature, what gives? 😳

When were you approved? Is it the old version or the new version? The old version was not a signature by default.. FYI just because a card has a line of 5k or more does not necessarily mean its going to be a signature card

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 2 of 9
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Approved about two weeks ago. Card isn't as bad as I thought. There was a note saying iI'll be getting a new one shortly due to the cosmetic defects. I was surprised it wasn't a signature. Not that it's a big deal since I have like 20 sig cards anyway lol...just surprised considering the limit.
Message 3 of 9
39Xelor
Established Member

@Happychap wrote:
Approved about two weeks ago. Card isn't as bad as I thought. There was a note saying iI'll be getting a new one shortly due to the cosmetic defects. I was surprised it wasn't a signature. Not that it's a big deal since I have like 20 sig cards anyway lol...just surprised considering the limit.

So, it's the new card. Thats odd that it isnt a signature.. I would give them a call and see why and if they can convert it to a signature.. if 20k doesnt make it a signature then i dont know what limit does lol

Whats In My Wallet? A Whole Lotta' Awesomeness!
Message 4 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Maybe it had something to do with the initial 300$ CL? The type of account was set with your initial CL and then only the amount got increased. This is what comes to my mind as explanation.

Message 5 of 9
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Maybe it had something to do with the initial 300$ CL? The type of account was set with your initial CL and then only the amount got increased. This is what comes to my mind as explanation.

That was my thinking also.  I just sent them a secure message asking to upgrade. Like I said its not really a big deal, but I guess im a credit snob! since the only visa's I carry in my wallet are all Signature cards having a platinum just doesn't go too well with my collection lol

Message 6 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Looking at their website it shows the Signature @$49 and the Signature Premium @$149. 

The new Virgin America Visa Signature® Card and Virgin America Premium Visa Signature® Card offer the following benefits:

Virgin America Visa Signature® Card (annual fee $49)*:

• Free first checked bag each for the cardholder and their plus-one on all Virgin America flights;
  • Bring a friend along for the ride with $150 off a companion ticket every year;
  • Save 20% on all RED™ in-flight purchases including meals, snacks, cocktails, and on-demand entertainment;
  • Earn 10,000 Elevate bonus reward points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days of being a cardholder;
  • Earn 3 reward points per $1 spent with Virgin America; Earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else; and
  • Elevate points don't expire as long as the guest is a cardholder.

Virgin America Premium Visa Signature® Card (annual fee $149)*: All of the benefits of the $49 annual fee card, plus:

• Freedom to modify travel plans at any time without incurring change or cancels fees on Virgin America flights;
  • Earn up to 15,000 status points towards Elevate Gold or Elevate Silver status when spending $30,000 in a calendar year (5,000 Status points per $10,000 spent);
  • Ability to carry forward any additional status points at annual renewal; and
  • Earn 15,000 Elevate bonus reward points after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days of being a cardholder.
Message 7 of 9
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Yes that's what I read. I couldn't find anything about a platinum version. I still got the 49.00 annual fee billed yesterday.
Message 8 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Happychap wrote:
Yes that's what I read. I couldn't find anything about a platinum version. I still got the 49.00 annual fee billed yesterday.

Maybe they changed their mind during the launch.  Kinda explains those $300 CL's. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.