Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Pay

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Visa Pay

Has anyone used Visa Pay? Is it worth using? I don't see any points or anything that you gain from using it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Pay

What is Visa Pay?  I use my Visa credit cards often, but it sounds like you're talking about an app of some kind.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

What is Visa Pay?  I use my Visa credit cards often, but it sounds like you're talking about an app of some kind.

Visa version of MasterPass (online wallet for shopping).  A way to pay without providing the merchant your credit card information.

Other than "security," I am not aware of any incentives to use it.  MasterPass has offered incentives for using it and/or enrolling in the past.  If I remember correctly, I did five Dunkin' reloads of $10 and got $5 bonus for each one.

Message 3 of 7
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If that's all it is, I won't get it.  I already have Apple Pay if I don't want a merchant to know my credit card information.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Visa version of MasterPass (online wallet for shopping).  A way to pay without providing the merchant your credit card information.

Other than "security," I am not aware of any incentives to use it.  MasterPass has offered incentives for using it and/or enrolling in the past.  If I remember correctly, I did five Dunkin' reloads of $10 and got $5 bonus for each one.

Isn't there Visa Checkout as well, or has that merged.

Now if they got treated as mobile for Altitude Reserve, that would be something.  But no.

Message 5 of 7
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

It does seem that every back has something like this and I don't know why people really use it as the stores can be limited places you can use it. Amazon Pay is like 6 places and only one I even heard of. LOL. I think I go crazy to try to figure out what stories use what.

Message 6 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

Isn't there Visa Checkout as well, or has that merged.

Now if they got treated as mobile for Altitude Reserve, that would be something.  But no.

Visa Checkout was merged into Visa Pay and uses EMV tokens now.  Mobile pay coding would be great!  😂 I keep trying to remember to use Safari instead of Chrome for online shopping in case the merchant accepts ApplePay but always forget.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.