Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Signature vs Amex Platinum Concierge *Warning* Semi Long Story

I just did a screenshot of the leter and sent it to Amex's Twitter and instantly got a reply... there reading it right now.

Message 21 of 86
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did a screenshot of the leter and sent it to Amex's Twitter and instantly got a reply... there reading it right now.

wow,, tell us what they say pls

Message 22 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a response. "As a worldwide company we have a travel dept." I told her I understand that and, as outlined in the story,would just rather my info be transfered to the travel dept. No comment on the 8 days vs 6 hours difference so far.

Message 23 of 86
Cory
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory wrote:

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.

No mention of Citi by me. Any Visa Signature card will work. On both cases I emailed them. Simply google Visa Concierge and its the first link. They will set up your card and let you begin emailing right away.

Thanks for your informative post! I went to Visa Signature's website and wrote the number down. I will call them. I learned about Visa Signature Cards last year when I got my BofA Signature Card. I read on another forum about problems with someone using different type of credit cards, for rental cars. And others chimed in on the topic and I learned some very interesting things about how the Visa Signature is better than even Amex when it comes to rental cars using your Visa or Visa Signature cards.

Visa Signature pays for administration fees, loss of use in addition to the basics you get for using your Visa Signature's insurance, oppose to MasterCard, Discover and AMEX. Amex does pay for loss of use though.

Thanks,

Cory

Message 24 of 86
Cory
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cory wrote:

I love your compare & contrast story. I heard a lot of good things about Visa Signatures Cards. I have the Bank of America Visa Signature Card. I didn't see where the original poster mentioned Citi? Anyways, I was under the impression that I would not have to contact BofA if I had questions or make plans and reservations, but Visa Signature Services would do all of the work. I think that he/or she contacted Visa Signature Customer Service.

You're correct, my mistake, I thought I saw Citi mentioned in the OP's first post.

If I'm going to make an excuse, I'm sick and my head is a bit clouded (hopefully that will get me off the hook)

Sorry about that, I really could have sworn I saw Citi mentioned in the first post.

No need to apologize baby! That happens to the best of us at times.

Cory

Message 25 of 86
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

I just posted my own review of AMEX Plat concierge vs. JP Morgan Premier (sure its the same for their visa and world mastercard).  Gotta agree, AMEX concierge is such a disappointment.  Can't wait to close the card.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 26 of 86
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Fair test!

Funny, I didn't even know my Citi World Diamond Preferred came with some services. Called once to ask about low price gurantee and the lady was exteremely helpful.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

The mastercard world elite concierge has been unbelievable with my requests, even overnighting my priority pass card. They've been helpful with trip planning and followed up regularly via phone. Specific information requests were emailed in 1/8 of the time promised. In general I'm blown away so far. I
Can't compare to Amex since I don't have the plat.
Message 28 of 86
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Someone (carrying a balance on their signature card) should send them an e-mail asking the concierge to find the best possible balance transfer deal available for someone in their situation. Smiley Happy 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 29 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex's concierge has limits. You cant ask them to find anything that competes with there products. 

I sent this story as a secured message and they got back a day later saying that someone will call me within 24 hours. Its now been over 48 and im not holding my breath. Best advice for plat is if you dont expect a lot or have high expectations then it will work for you. If you read what they offer and believe everything... well... your going to be dissapointed to say the least. 

Message 30 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.