Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Signature vs not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Signature vs not

I was just approved for cashRewards from NFCU, and when they notified me, my card is listed as a "signature" Visa. I have done a little looking, and from what I can tell it is the same thing except a few small things like 2 for 1 movie tickets. Am I missing something? Or is this designation mostly supposed to make people feel like "special snowflakes"?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Visa Signature vs not

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved for cashRewards from NFCU, and when they notified me, my card is listed as a "signature" Visa. I have done a little looking, and from what I can tell it is the same thing except a few small things like 2 for 1 movie tickets. Am I missing something? Or is this designation mostly supposed to make people feel like "special snowflakes"?

There's more to it than that (see link) but the fact remains that most people will never use any of the beneifts and having a card as a Visa Signature is over hyped here.  A lot of cards are now Visa Signature and the comparable World Elite Mastercard because the credit card issuer charges more to retailers for consumers using the card.

https://usa.visa.com/support/consumer/card-benefits.html#2

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info! I don't even know why I got it instead of the regular one. I will read the information i the link you provided. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got it because you applied for it! Anything $5k and higher CL with this product is a Visa Signaature. Under the $5k CL and it's a regular Visa.

Message 4 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Dunno, kinda miss SnowflakesSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 16
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Some of the benefits may seldom be used, however when needed they are at your fingertips. Extended warranties, no foreign transaction fees, damage collision waver when renting a car, and more. Enjoy and congrats!

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Untitled.png

Message 7 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol x 10000000 Now thats worth coming out of the garden forSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 16
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Untitled.png

App'd it and got declined. Thanks AJC. Smiley Sad

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 9 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@MyLoFICO wrote:

App'd it and got declined. Thanks AJC. Smiley Sad

Recon! Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.