Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa and Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa and Visa Signature

Hello, I do have question. I recently got approved for Venture One for 3k SL. 

My question is why is it VISA not a  VISA SIGNATURE.

What is the diffrence of VISA and VISA SIGNATURE.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Visa and Visa Signature

Need at least 5K to get the signature version.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa Signature credit limits are 5000 min. and above and offer a couple of perks. Fandago movie tickets and travel. The idea is to get Visa Signature status on one card and when you apply for card from better Banks they see you already have one and follow suit. I've noticed on here people get increases to about 5000 mark and then ask to be converted signature as with Chase
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. So I guess if I reach 5k limit on my Venture1 I can upgrade it to Visa Signature?

Do you think they might increase it by Dec 2015? I have a PERFECT paying history i Cap1 on my QS1

I always PIF before the statement cuts... any suggestion??

Message 4 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Just show it plenty of love and keep doing what you're doing, and as long as cap1 keeps up their recent trends, you should get an auto CLI or be able to ask for a CLI that'll put you above the minimum $5k threshold.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Don't be too upset about not getting the Signature... it's not that big of a deal unless you are into really high-end hotels.  Actually, the only useful perk I can think of is the movie ticket perk with Fandango.  Once your credit line is $5K or greater you can likely have Capital One change your account over, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

One other thing that is different is a 'Signature' card will be on your credit report as a "Flexible Spending Account" instead of "Revolving".  When they first came out some folks had problems because they didn't report a credit limit (similar to Amex charge cards) which messed up the utilization on their credit scores, but this has been corrected. 

The 'Flexible Spending Account' means that in theory you are able to charge above the credit limit, with the overage amount due in full in addition to the usual minimum payment.  However, in reality not too many folks on here ever exercise that feature, since doing so would make the card report to the credit bureau as 'maxed out', possibly (likely) lowing your credit score.  It's also been discussed if the 'feature' is even there at all, since CSRs are usually not too keen on telling folks it's OK to disregard their credit limit (specifically and especially Capital One) so most folks with Signature cards treat the CL as the 'real' CL even though they should be able to charge over it.

All this being said, I have two Visa cards with the exact same credit limits.  One happens to be a Signature, the other is not, and I honestly can't tell a bit of difference between the two.  Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

^I feel like having the "signature" printed on your card just makes you feel a bit fancier. Haha.

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the great INFO, I was just curious about it, Im new to this thats why I really need an expert advice..  

Again, Thanks for all of you guys!!!

Message 8 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
^I feel like having the "signature" printed on your card just makes you feel a bit fancier. Haha.

The cashier at The Dollar Tree was super impressed with mine Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

See what I mean? I know I would feel special having a siggy. Smiley Very Happy
I work in retail, so I see my fair share of CCs daily, and now that I know a lot about CCs, I'm impressed anytime someone pulls out a CSP or a WMC or an Amex (of any sort) or any visa signature for that matter. Smiley Tongue

Penfed Gold Visa Card

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.