cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa cards good for scores of 718+ ? don't "need" rewards, 0% interest, etc. but nice to have.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa cards good for scores of 718+ ? don't "need" rewards, 0% interest, etc. but nice to have.

I don't have a Visa and I have three Mastercards. One is the barclays Jetblue plus MC with a 8k CL.  All purchases go on here to get the JB points.

I have a secured MC with $1,500 Cl which I hope to close a few months after I get another unsecured card. (look forward to getting this cash back).

Don't need a "rewards" or "interest" free card "as everything goeson the JB card"  - it is a nice to have.

I don't carry a balance.

EX -718, EQ - 723, TU -723

CU - 4%

EX and TU show 1 inquiry and EQ shows 2 inq.

D/I ratio 22%

1 late - 4.5 years ago

Not interested in Cap1 or a Discover card.

7 REPLIES 7
noonebutme
Established Member

Re: Visa cards good for scores of 718+ ? don't "need" rewards, 0% interest, etc. but nice

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have a Visa and I have three Mastercards. One is the barclays Jetblue plus MC with a 8k CL.  All purchases go on here to get the JB points.

I have a secured MC with $1,500 Cl which I hope to close a few months after I get another unsecured card. (look forward to getting this cash back).

Don't need a "rewards" or "interest" free card "as everything goeson the JB card"  - it is a nice to have.

I don't carry a balance.

CU - 4%

D/I ratio 22%

1 late - 4.5 years ago

If you are able to get into USAA, I would try them. I just got approved for a Visa @ $5k with way more INQ's than you have. 

Message 2 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Visa cards good for scores of 718+ ? don't "need" rewards, 0% interest, etc. but nice

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't carry a balance.

CU - 4%

D/I ratio 22%

1 late - 4.5 years ago

Are you a member of a credit union? If not, have you considered joining one?

CU's to join for Savings Rate now and possible Credit Products later!

Message 3 of 8
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

There are a lot of great options for Visa.  You mentioned you weren't intested in perks, most are going to give you some cash back. 

You didn't mention anything about credit unions, if you're a member of Navy Federal Credit Union or have a way to join, their Platinum Visa or CashRewards Visa are great options.  

If you don't have a way into Navy Fenderal, but are interested in PenFed credit union membership the Power Cash Rewards Visa has no AF, no foreign transaction fee and would give you 1.5% or 2% cashback depending on your relationship with PenFed.  PenFed's cards grow over time as well.   

If you're not wanting to join a CU for a card, Bank of America offers the Travel Rewards Card with no foreign transaction fee.  Bank of America has several other Visa cards with no AF as well, the Cash Rewards card would let you pick a category to earn 3% cash back with no AF.  

If you're a Costco member, the Citi Anywhere Costco Visa if also offers no FTF and some other perks.   

If you're already a credit union member, most credit unions offer a "no thrills" no fee Visa usually with a lower APR.  Your current CU might have an option as well.   

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a member of a credit union - had not thought about it - would prefer not to. 

Will take a look at he BOA options- thanks.

Message 5 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't carry a balance.

CU - 4%

D/I ratio 22%

1 late - 4.5 years ago

If anyone thinks Discover is a Visa we have bigger problems. Visa cards are a dime a dozen and if  rewards or 0% arent needed , you can basically apply anywhere for a Visa so i dont think suggestions will mount to much. Have a local bank, most likely  have a Visa, big banks, Visas, Credit Unions, Visa,.  Better to choose which lender you'd  like to help diversify imho.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok - so let's focus on the 0% interest on new purchases and/or balance transfer, rewards and no foreign transaction fee.

I noted Discover because inevitably someone will write " if you look beyond visa or you didn't mention Discover, etc".

Message 7 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok - so let's focus on the 0% interest on new purchases and/or balance transfer, rewards and no foreign transaction fee.

I noted Discover because inevitably someone will write " if you look beyond visa or you didn't mention Discover, etc".

Yup, well thats a forum for yaSmiley Wink.   Your 0% interest  on purchases or BTs is much better imo.    Im sure most new cards will offer some sort of promo.  Hard to recommend non rewards  ones  so my best  recommendation  would be to join a Credit Union for one of their Platinum  Visas that are great for low apr , or bt purposes for when you may need  them. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.