Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa or MC Backup?

tag
montana586
Regular Contributor

Re: Visa or MC Backup?

Found myself in this same position last month had jus been accepted into the amex and discover family and then realized my only visa and MasterCard back up was a crappy Credit one and cap one card which then forced me to pull the trigger on freedom ill keep the cap one because its my oldest trade line but Credit One your outta here sucka....... lol

Starting Score: 675EQ 698 TU
Current Score: 698TU 675EQ
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 11 of 12
KneelBeforeZod
Frequent Contributor

Re: Visa or MC Backup?

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I think I'm going to stick with Cap One for now and see if I can earn their trust more.   Maybe I can get them to give me more credit - I'll just let Netflix bill to that account and set the auto-pay up to pay the account before the statement closes.  Those three collections begin falling off next year (one of them remains for a few years) and I'd really love to get them dropped sooner than that.  

I think at this point, I'm going to consider myself lucky as hell that AMEX and Discover let me in their clubs.  Until then, my butt is going into the garden for a while!

Current Scores (Dec 20, 2015) - EQ=719 EX=739 TU=740
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.