Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa refund lost-in-space!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Visa refund lost-in-space!

Merchant reports issuing the refund... My bank reports not receiving the refund.  Help?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa refund lost-in-space!

Time for a conference call with merchant and your bank.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Also, how long has it been? If it's only been a day or two, give it like another week or so.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 11
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Refunds never show on pending and would just appear on your posted transactions. I would wait if it's less than a couple of days. It could take a week for your card to process it.

Message 4 of 11
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

+1 to refunds not showing in pending. They can also take 1-30days to post, ensuring that the $ has cleared from the merchant. I work in retail and we get these complaints a lot, no way to speed it up
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad... I forgot some basic information.  Transaction date is 05/31/19.  

The Visa-card card is by my bank; Who eports not seeing the credit posted.  

What I have learned since posting this... That the Visa-folks are useless.  Smiley Frustrated  My interperation of what they said... We do not see the transactions... They just pass-thru us.  Therefore, they view it as a bank-to-bank transfer.

So... I believe my bank is my bank... But what is the merchant's bank?  Their bank is some-sort-of company; Name of "Rocketgate". 

Current status: I submitted an email request to he Rocketgate folks for help.

Thoughts?    

Message 6 of 11
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Did anything about your card change between the initial transaction and the refund(replacement card, product change, etc.)

If any of that happened you'll have to do some work to get that money back(this says cancelled in the title but the above scenarios could also apply).

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anything about your card change between the initial transaction and the refund(replacement card, product change, etc.)

>>> What I did find out today is the name of the merchant's company changed between the charge and refund dates.  

If any of that happened you'll have to do some work to get that money back(this says cancelled in the title but the above scenarios could also apply).

>>> Cancelled? 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Proof-reading error... Merchant's company NAME changed. 

Message 9 of 11
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Oh, its been months, ya it should have hit months ago. Do you have a receipt? Did the company change owners when it changed names? Since it never posted you will need your receipt and possibly 2 month card statements to prove that you never got refunded.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.