cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vital Credit Card? (social networking credit card)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Vital Credit Card? (social networking credit card)

Has anyone heard of this credit card?  It hasn't been released yet.  The rewards scale with certain activities.  They seem to reward referals as well as certain activities.  So the card is always a 1% cashback card, but it can go as high as 5% depending on your tier.

I have a referal link, but I'm sure posting that is against the rules.  If anyone is interested in signing up (they only ask for an email address right now), let me know via a PM.  I will share my referal link that way.  

I'll likely apply for the card when its available.  The concept is pretty amazing.  I've never heard of a social networking credit card.

Speaking of new cards, I'm eyeing Revolut Metal as well as Blockrize.  I'd def ditch my Discover Miles for a card that gives me 1% back in crypto.  There are some cool products coming out soon.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Vital Credit Card? (social networking credit card)

This card has been discussed: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VITAL-Card/td-p/5163422

And as recently as two weeks ago: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VITAL-Card-Thoughts/td-p/5325098

There are a couple of YouTube reviews on it. My take - not worth it. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm going to refer friends, I'd rather get the $50 or $100 from Discover or Chase (respectively) than a couple percent extra. Pass.

Message 3 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

This card has been discussed: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VITAL-Card/td-p/5163422

And as recently as two weeks ago: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VITAL-Card-Thoughts/td-p/5325098

There are a couple of YouTube reviews on it. My take - not worth it. 

I didn't see this mentioned in those threads:

Is there a monthly bill to pay with VITAL?

VITAL is a credit card, and therefore a bill is generated each month that must be paid off in full before the payment period ends. Failure to not pay off your bill can result in fees and damage your credit score.

Sounds like a charge card!

Message 4 of 9
SBR249
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

VITAL is a credit card, and therefore a bill is generated each month that must be paid off in full before the payment period ends. Failure to not pay off your bill can result in fees and damage your credit score.

"Failure to not pay off your bill"? What are they trying to say? If I don't carry a balance I will be charged and derogs reported to my CRs? Hard pass.

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SBR249 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

"Failure to not pay off your bill"? What are they trying to say? If I don't carry a balance I will be charged and derogs reported to my CRs? Hard pass.

I missed that bit!   Guess the web site language isn't part of the official agreement fortunately! 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I'm going to take a chance on newish/lesser-known cards, Blispay (ID verification problems and all), Petal (which I'm on the waiting list for), and Charity Charge all seem like better deals to me.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I'm going to take a chance on newish/lesser-known cards, Blispay (ID verification problems and all), Petal (which I'm on the waiting list for), and Charity Charge all seem like better deals to me.

What do you see attractive in Petal? I thought it was only supposed to be useful if you're not generating scores yet.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What do you see attractive in Petal? I thought it was only supposed to be useful if you're not generating scores yet.

No HP for applying (at least that's what I've gathered). Aside from that, though, at this point it doesn't seem particularly remarkable otherwise though things may have changed by the time my number comes up in the wait list. There are much more attractive options, though - I'm seriously cogitating on applying for NFCU cashRewards this weekend (after joining), so if I get that, that Petal won't get plucked.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.