Did you mean: 

Voidman asked about my finance charge - from closed thread

tag
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Voidman asked about my finance charge - from closed thread

@ Karatz wrote:

@voidman wrote:
it hurts to see the finance charge of $134 after you have done all the hard work of paying down the huge debt, but you have to realise that, the job is not done untill you keep the balance 0 for one full cycle.

Chase gave me a 5.61 one two statements ago...not sure whats up with that. PIF like 2 years straight. Not worth it, but in principal is. Was something considered a cash advance? I would love a $10 credit for every error I find, or instance of poor service. Id pay a decent annual fee for that.

How can chase charge Finance charge when you PIF? is your due date after 20 day grace period? so if you pay after 20days grace period but before the due date you will get the finance charge. I thought this practice was not alllowed anymore. 

Anyway, I have put myself in a cycle of PIF few days after the satement cuts or few days before the statement cuts. This way I control how much balance and how many cards with zero balance should be reported to the CBR.

-void
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Voidman asked about my finance charge - from closed thread

Tough one. I'm so busy right now 5.61 doesn't seem worth it. I know for sure I'm going to put a minimum of 2 hours to get back 5.61. It's definately on my to-do list though LOL. You know, if someone charges 1000 on my card fraudulently, I'll drop everything and go after it, and if I always acted on principal, I'd need clones to followup on stuff. Just went through alot of pain and suffering to get that Chase card reopened. It hurt my credit score. Citibank also hurt my credit score when they put a hit on me and listed a line of credit without permission, which may have added to Chase's decision to close my account.That in turn made me decide to forgo a refinance at this time cause I couldn't get the rate I would want (>50% paid off on the mortgage) but the balance IR is bit high like around 2% too much. 

Most importantly, I hate accusing anyone of anything and then finding out I'm wrong in the end. I find that totally embarrassing, and even though big business shoots first and asks me questions later, I do have a problem doing the same thing to anyone. I downloaded my statements and then will look over them when I get down the list to it. I did use paypal with it once, maybe that was a cash advance? 

Anyway, for another topic, but definately related, I got a phone call from Chase that says I will get my $125 for opening a checking account with them. I printed the promotion from my closed Chase Visa account online that says it was still open and was reporting as open for >2 months after closure. I read terms very closely. Open with 100, setup automatic payroll deposit, keep for 6 months. 100 is done. Employeer has online option to edit/add seamingly unlimited number of different accounts for online deposit, so I gave Chase my 0.02. Now I just need to wait 6 months. I'll close if they dont start treating me decent. Providian->WaMu->Chase visa must have stain removed that doesnt allow CLI, and my cash back must show up back in my account. Guess you can sum it up for their 5.61 (and other stuff) i gave them my 2 cents and they'll pay me 125 for it. Smiley Happy

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Message 2 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Karatz wrote:

Anyway, for another topic, but definately related, I got a phone call from Chase that says I will get my $125 for opening a checking account with them. I printed the promotion from my closed Chase Visa account online that says it was still open and was reporting as open for >2 months after closure. I read terms very closely. Open with 100, setup automatic payroll deposit, keep for 6 months. 100 is done. Employeer has online option to edit/add seamingly unlimited number of different accounts for online deposit, so I gave Chase my 0.02. Now I just need to wait 6 months. I'll close if they dont start treating me decent. Providian->WaMu->Chase visa must have stain removed that doesnt allow CLI, and my cash back must show up back in my account. Guess you can sum it up for their 5.61 (and other stuff) i gave them my 2 cents and they'll pay me 125 for it. Smiley Happy

It would be nice if the rejuvenated many of the "acquired" CC accounts, mine included. I just don't think they will anytime soon, if ever.

Message 3 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

@Karatz wrote:

Tough one. I'm so busy right now 5.61 doesn't seem worth it. I know for sure I'm going to put a minimum of 2 hours to get back 5.61. 

I would email them instead of talking over the phone if you do not have the time. This also keeps a record. There is an option somewhere on the chase website after you login to send email.

@Karatz wrote:

Providian->WaMu->Chase visa must have stain removed that doesnt allow CLI, and my cash back must show up back in my account. Guess you can sum it up for their 5.61 (and other stuff) i gave them my 2 cents and they'll pay me 125 for it. Smiley Happy

I heard that you can product change to one of the chase product and sometimes even with rewards, that way your account will not be Providian acquired card anymore but a Chase card?

Remember to pay tax on that $125 Smiley Happy

-void
Message 4 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

1) If you want a serious response to you inquiry you will pick up the phone and call Chase. Chase tends to dismiss email inquiries. Very easy for them to do and nothing beats the personal touch. Call, then email if not satisfied if you really need/want a "record".

2) Chase has stated (recently) that the accounts "acquired" from WaMu are not eligible for PC. I assume they mean what they say, but who knows, they could relent. However, a PC will not remove the brand from a Providian -> WaMu -> Chase account. Others have tried this and their account was AA'ed just like so many of the other WaMu accounts despite the fact that they had PC'ed to a different product.

3) He won't have any problem remembering to pay the income tax on the $125. Chase will send him a 1099 form to remind him.

Message 5 of 10
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@voidman wrote:

I heard that you can product change to one of the chase product and sometimes even with rewards, that way your account will not be Providian acquired card anymore but a Chase card?

I have an old Providian-WaMu-Chase VISA. To this point, they haven't messed with mine. I still have a $15k limit and hardly use it.

I hardly use it because it has no rewards. I called (before I even knew about the widespread acct closings). I asked them if they could change me to a rewards card. Well..yes...they'd be happy to do that. They started spouting about all the rewards. Then, she informed me that she would have to charge me $29.

OK...I'm a principle person, too. I told her that I would keep the card I have...that there were plenty of rewards out there for free.

I really don't need the rewards. I've now got 2 better rewards cards. Looking back, I'm lucky they didn't pull the trigger and close me down....but, hey...they still might.

Message 6 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@voidman wrote:

I have an old Providian-WaMu-Chase VISA. To this point, they haven't messed with mine. I still have a $15k limit and hardly use it.

I hardly use it because it has no rewards. I called (before I even knew about the widespread acct closings). I asked them if they could change me to a rewards card. Well..yes...they'd be happy to do that. They started spouting about all the rewards. Then, she informed me that she would have to charge me $29.

OK...I'm a principle person, too. I told her that I would keep the card I have...that there were plenty of rewards out there for free.

I really don't need the rewards. I've now got 2 better rewards cards. Looking back, I'm lucky they didn't pull the trigger and close me down....but, hey...they still might.

How long ago did they offer to allow you to PC?

Many rewards cards have AF's. Most rewards cards have higher APR's.

Message 7 of 10
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@voidman wrote:

@Karatz wrote:

Tough one. I'm so busy right now 5.61 doesn't seem worth it. I know for sure I'm going to put a minimum of 2 hours to get back 5.61. 

I would email them instead of talking over the phone if you do not have the time. This also keeps a record. There is an option somewhere on the chase website after you login to send email.

@Karatz wrote:

Providian->WaMu->Chase visa must have stain removed that doesnt allow CLI, and my cash back must show up back in my account. Guess you can sum it up for their 5.61 (and other stuff) i gave them my 2 cents and they'll pay me 125 for it. Smiley Happy

Remember to pay tax on that $125 Smiley Happy

You should see the last 30 days of emails for requesting the $125. Probably a dozen of em. So if I print them out and go in, they will say so? What do you want us to do? LOL. I'm just at loss with them.

I did product change from Providian to WaMu cash rewards one, then again to the Chase one. I'm flagged for life lol.

Arnold will get IOU for the 125 tax, lol. The worst year for me to get this, probably my best income year ever Smiley Sad 

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Message 8 of 10
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@voidman wrote:

I would try a few times, different days, different times. Tell them you want an incentive to use is where AMEX is not accepted.

my chase card

Available credit† $3,500.00   Transfer balances     Total credit limit† $3,500.00         Chase FreedomSM  
Show Rewards

I did that product change back in April sometime.

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Message 9 of 10
voidman
Established Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

1) If you want a serious response to you inquiry you will pick up the phone and call Chase. Chase tends to dismiss email inquiries. Very easy for them to do and nothing beats the personal touch. Call, then email if not satisfied if you really need/want a "record".

email is an option when the person does not have time to talk on the phone for hrs, as per OP.

-void
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.