Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WACHOVIA CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WACHOVIA CREDIT CARD

GREETINGS:

I recently received a Wachovia Platinum card with a 6000 limit. I am wondering if anyone has one and how generous they are with CLI?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CREDIT4BIZ
Contributor

Re: WACHOVIA CREDIT CARD

That starting limit seems generous.BTW congrats! If you dont mind what kind of scores did you have? Thinking about opening a account.
"Here we go again!"

Starting Score: EX509TU595EQ595
Current Score: EX662TU695EQ675
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I have that card opened in 12-2006 12,500  opening CL carrying balance on it not one CLI in 15 mos it may be they think this CL is sufficient enuff. I would like to bump up to 15K but at this point it will cost me a hard. Just wait a little longer and see if they show me som Luv.Insert Smileys
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one with a 5000 limit. I didn't seem to have any trouble getting it (like other cards), but I have a checking and savings acct. with them. I think I could have gotten a higher limit, it just didn't occur to me to askSmiley Happy 

Since then, I read somewhere that it's a good idea to have a card with over a 5000 limit. Of course.

I've had it about a year, no idea how they do cli's.
Message 4 of 9
mipema
Contributor

I have a visa, opened in Dec 06 with a 10k limit.  I too, do my regular banking with them.  The visa had an initial CL of 5k, which is currently at 10k - (cost me a hard however).  Other than the CLI which I requested, they have shown no love.
Message 5 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What CRA do they pull?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe WAMU pulls transunion. I opened my account in April 2006, and was approved with a CL of 11K. 2 years later, I'm at 15,500. I've been increased once every 6 months or so.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled Transunion (located in Ga).  My credit score was 698 at the time. I do have a checking, savings and a student loan account with them.
Message 8 of 9
Uniqua
Established Contributor

If they gave you a $6,000 CL on approval, why are you concerned with a CLI? You don't think that amount is generous enough?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.