Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART CREDIT CARD CASH BACK

tag
tray
Valued Contributor

WALMART CREDIT CARD CASH BACK

Has anyone been at the walmart checkout and used the cash back option with your credit card, it states you can pull at least $120.00 and it is not like a cash advance and just goes against your available credit, is this actually true.  does it beat going to the atm.  Thanks for any information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: WALMART CREDIT CARD CASH BACK

Sams does that and it just counts as a purchase.  Since Sams and Walmart are the same company, I would assume it is the same.  My Sams card is a GEMB product if that helps.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
ALP
New Contributor

I have done this, was 40 dollars right after Christmas.   I'm not sure how bad it looks against your account, but I have put off requesting a CLI in fear they will deny me based utilizing the cash back option.  IF I acquire the courage soon I will report back any success or failure and if it was due to using cash back.  Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

it counts as a purchase, but is recorded as "quick cash" on the statement.
Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I wouldn't overdo this feature. My SO did this a couple of times to me when I gave her the card. LOL.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.