cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU DECINE

tag
Regular Contributor

WAMU DECINE

I got decline for a wamu credit card the reason they said is because  i had a providian card did not keep in good standing in 2001 they said they will give me a secured card if i want it. are try back at a later time they said they would not report this inq to the credit bureau.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU DECINE

GIXXER wrote:
I got decline for a wamu credit card the reason they said is because  i had a providian card did not keep in good standing in 2001 they said they will give me a secured card if i want it. are try back at a later time they said they would not report this inq to the credit bureau.

DW had a Providian card from 2001 until 2005 when WAMU bought them out. I PIF every month, (never late), but it got sold to Columbus Bank and Trust in Atlanta GA and is handled now through SST Card Services as a bad account (29.99% APR, no future credit line increases allowed). Needless to say, it is in sock drawer and only used enough to keep it active because of the age of TL reported (since 2001). 

She has been blacklisted by WAMU for having a Providian account in bad standing even though I PIF faithfully for four years without ever being late. Did not know until I found this forum that what I was doing caused the problem because I was maxing out the card (I was AU) and paying it off every month without any regard to Utils or how Providian was reporting to CRA. Long story short, WAMU blacklists based on Providian records. Took me five tries to get WAMU approval on Platinum card with $1000 CLI.

Sad part is we have been WAMU customers with both personal and business checking and savings accounts since 1998.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long do they blacklist? Is it for the full 7 years reporting time or is it forever?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay let me throw my two cents in here.  Columbus Bank and Trust in NOT a subprime lender the bank itself is Uber-prime and getting a card or CLI is like pulling teeth.   Actually the best card I have at 9.25% BT same as purchases and no BT fees.  That being said, they do have a subprime branch.  When Wamu took over Provi, they bought several accounts but sold several to SST processed by CB&T.  Not sure why CB&T keeps getting their name tied up with the likes of Aspire and SST but they are a relatively small outfit but growing. Affiliated with one of the largest credit card processors in the US TSYS under their corporate umbrella though the bank itself is small.

Sorry they sold you off, I think they went through their accounts and found a cutoff that they didn't want to risk.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cfstr1 wrote:
How long do they blacklist? Is it for the full 7 years reporting time or is it forever?

Don't know for sure, but it's been two years and counting. She applies about every four to six months with the same result. "You recently had a Providian account in bad standing." Who knew PIF was "bad standing"?

We can actually go to WAMU login page and type in DW old login name and password and it will come up with a page that says "Your account has been sold and is now being serviced by SST Card Services. For assistance, call xxx-xxx-xxxx." 

Good thing is they don't place hard inquiry on her CR. Can't explain that one either.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.