Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU Declined Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU Declined Me

this bites, with an EX of 638, haha but i guess too many baddies, now gotta pay the piper with than inquiry

anyone have any luck with recons with wamu?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU Declined Me

they declined me also. BUT I think that they blackball ppl with past CO with Providian  MY EQ was 658
Message 2 of 9
missdesire
Established Member

I received an offer in the mail for WAMU, at first I was hestiant but I just went for it since my scores were improving. I went online and just filled out the info and it took about 30 seconds to approve me with a CL of $1000. I was in shock. At the time my score was 678 TU, EQ 699 and EX 650.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a  Providian card back in 2000-2002 that was eventually charged off (about $3500). Tried for Wamu and got declined. Called for recon and the CSR told me that I would be flagged permanently because of that CO.

oh well. Lots of other CC companies who want my business!

Message 4 of 9
ccaddict
Regular Contributor

Wamu declined me, I can't get fico score with score watch since my credit history isn't at least 6 months long.. so can't give you those scores.. but my fakos were 674tu and eq 670ex from truecredit.

They pulled TU report and denial letter stated "not sufficient credit history".

Later I went in to the branch to ask if they have a student or secured card.. just so as to get a card for the inquiry hit. Got denied for 4 or more inq in last 30 days according to ChexSystems.

The secured card is a $29 annual fee and 19-20% apr for those interested. min 300 to open, rep said it was a new card or they recently started offering it or something. I'm going to try again in a few months.
Message 5 of 9
andyaycw
Frequent Contributor

I remember getting an offer from Wamu in the mail several months back...I have no interest in obtaining the card though due to its lack of useful features for me.

Message Edited by andyaycw on 07-27-2007 02:04 PM

Starting Score: EQ 773, TU 766
Current Score (2/25/2017): EX 813, EQ 823, TU 818
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied by Wamu with a 740+, no baddies, 3 inquiries/24 months on CR. They denied me before with no inquiries with a lower score, and denied me again recently with a better score but had many inqs. Wamu hates me. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened checking and savings a couple days ago in a branch. They approved me for a CC, but I don't yet know what CL they gave me. FICOs are low 600s. TU is what they pulled, and it's probably around 630-640.

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 07-27-2007 03:39 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have been fair to me. I received an offer in the mail and was given a CL of 2,500 with only a TU614..
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.