Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU decision status ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU decision status ?

I received a WAMU Visa pre-approved offer so I figured I'd call and see what it was about.  Well I completed the app and after I made my card color selection and xferred a balance the rep said it would take approx. 3 weeks for me to find out if the card is approved.  So I don't get the "pre-approved" wording of the actually letter I received.  Anyway, have anyone else responded to one of those pre-approved mailers and did you get an instant decision or did you get the "it'll be 3 weeks" response from the rep? 

Thanks...

Message Edited by shy on 07-23-2008 12:32 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU decision status ?

I got an instant approval, although it is not uncommon to have to wait on a decision.  It doesn't mean anything one way ro the other as far as approval or denial.

One thing to keep in mind about preapproved offers is that there really is no such thing.  The word "preapproved" does not mean you have been approved before you apply, it means you have been "approved to apply," if that makes sense.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Message 2 of 9
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I have some good news for you. I was denied instantaneously so that is a good sign that you haven't been denied.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys...I'll keep you posted.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shy, I applied on-line on July 4th for the WaMu plat. Visa after recieving an offer in the mail. I also got the message saying to wait 2-4 weeks.
Being very impatient, that and I messed up by saying I wanted to BT my Providian card. (DOH!) I was curious if I had totally shot myself in the foot so I called this number on the 8th

WaMu Credit Dept. M-F 6am-5pm 1-888-687-2273 - You can talk to them and they will process your application before 3 weeks.

*I found that # and message on some site called Fat Wallet, not sure if it's on here.*

Either way a nice young man asked if I was calling about an application status, I said yes, and he said Let me be the first to welcome you to washington Mutual!
I was pretty tickled to get approved.
Maybe you might give them a ring?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much.  I did call and I was approved.  So I'm done now with the apping thing.  This week I closed on my home, open a Target Visa acct, and approved for a pre-approved WAMU Plat Visa.  Yep, I'm done...my score will probably be 400 when all this stuff hits my reports.  That's fine though, I'll go do the gardening thing now.

Thanks for all of your help.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your WaMu approval!  (You'll find lots of people around here who are down on WaMu for one reason or another, but they've been very good to me and I'm quite happy with them. Smiley Wink )

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats-

Message 8 of 9
akaniks
Established Member

I also received the WAMU pre-approval last week and applied a couple days ago. I received an instant approval for $2,000. Pretty excited about that. My largest TL right now. I also took advantage of the BT offer.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.