Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU gives me a FICO score on my CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU gives me a FICO score on my CC

With my WAMU credit card I get a FICO score I can view online. I am wondering how accurate this score is and if it will be the same or close to what I might get using one of the myfico products??
IT has gone from 630 to 599 in th elast few months as I have taken on some more debt for some necessities of life. I have a bankruptcy 10-2005 and one CA on my report. I can work off the CA with a $90 payment and wonder if that would be wise since it is 2 years old now.
Does anyone know if there is a product out there that would allow me to check my FICO score more often than the products I see listed here??

Marty
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU gives me a FICO score on my CC

The score you get online from WaMu is what is called the PFICO.  It is a version of the bankcard enhanced FICO score that most card issuers are likely to use.  Yes, it is a valid FICO score.  Keep in mind that it will differ from the classic score you get on this site in most cases.

Message Edited by Brammy on 01-29-2008 09:50 PM
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Do you know of any products where I could check my FICO regularly let's say monthly to keep tabs on my score??

Marty
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know of any monthly true FICO 3-n-1 products. Sorry.  The only services offered like that are FAKO but they can be a good indicator of which direction your score is headed.
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Also your PFICO is showing your previous month's score, so if you have a lot of changes going on, it won't be current.

There is no such thing as a truly affordable way of keeping on top of your FICO's. The problem is that the CRA's (credit bureaus) charge a LOT every time your FICO is pulled, so myFICO can't come up with an affordable score monitoring service for all three scores.

This being said, here are your alternatives: FICO Credit Complete, which is a one-time pull of all three scores, and Score Watch, which is an ongoing monitoring service for EQ (Equifax) alone.) FICO scores are expensive to pull, but there is a current 25% discount code going: GOALS25. When you order FICO Credit Complete, enter this when it prompts you for a discount code.

Many of us use a trade-off. We use a 3-in-1 report monitoring service like TrueCredit to be able to monitor our reports. The scores and the advice are FAKO's! Please do not pay attention to them! Following their advice can seriously mess up your FICO scores. So anyway, we pull our reports a bit too frequently, and when we see something that we think should affect our FICO scores, many of us cave in and pull our scores.

Please realize: your scores are just potential numbers, floating around in space until someone pulls them. When they are pulled, they only show what is going on that very moment. If your creditors haven't updated the CRA's or if the CRA's haven't updated the reports, your scores won't reflect where you are at that moment.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After you are up and running Wamu usually pulls TU scores. So if you get a FICO Classic score from MyFICO for TU and then compare it to the correct date with Wamu, you can get a general idea how many points the Wamu PFICO is off from MyFICO Classic. They will vary since they are different score models but mine stay somewhat so many points apart. I subtract the points from the PFICO and I have an idea where my Classic FICO is. Now I covered TU as well as Score Watch with EQ. As someone said earlier, they may post scores 30 days behind. Check the date shown on PFICO. I only use Score Watch to confirm or deny my predictions of score changes. After you have been here long enough you lean how the scores change and can start predicting your scores just from looking at your CR. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 01-29-2008 08:54 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the info folks. One other question. Since all my report shows is for revolving credit, would it help to increase my score if I were to take a small personal loan or some other type of loan from the bank? I saw a post soemwhere out here where oner person suggests taking $1,000 and putting it in a CD and then getting a loan against it and then do the same thing at another bank and use the money top pay back the other loan. Then after 6 months of that you could raise your score.
Marty
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.