Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU..**sigh***

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU..**sigh***

So I just called WAMU to cancel these two cards with $400 limits/each...Had them each almost two years...no lates...always more than the minimum...$39 annual fees...no cli's...Lady says no no no...how bout we just combine them...and I say no...says she's not authorized to do increases...so I continue to tell her to cancel...She puts me on hold...comes back and says she can do a $300 increase on 1 and $100 on the other and then combine the two for a total of $1200...and my annual fee is paid up till Jan...***sigh***...Guess I'll keep them until then....At least I got $400 out of them....and no inquiries...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: WAMU..**sigh***

Whoooaa, I want to combine my 2 cards together.  I have a 1.3k (Visa) and 1k (MC), I called one time asking to see if they can combine them, and the answer I got was NO, we do not combine the cards.  I guess I'll try the cancel route. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a good account history, and your FICO has gone up at least 25 points or so since you got the cards, my guess is they will attempt to mitigate whatever it is about the cards that you don't like to keep you as a customer.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if they are paid for one more year with a CLI, great! When it comes time to pay the annual fee, ask to upgrade them to a non fee card. Or tell them you want to cancel again to waive fee. Right now if your scores are low, the extra card is helping build more history to bury baddies or build new credit. Their would be no advantage of combining them right now. I want a wamu card for the free PFICO scores.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My scores are not low now..probably in the low 600's when I got the cards..now all three scores are in the 700's and I have several better cards with much higher CLI's and no fees. I have had the HBSC cards for two years and was never even reviewed for CLI. Never ever a late payment and always paid more than the minimum. $0 balances now. I will just keep (it) them until the fee comes due again.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.