cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

nope, but i recently came across a few posts which indicated the chase amazon is one that is typically eligible for PC.  sorry for the TJ post.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU to CHASE Freedom or PerfectCard backdoor, even if you were turned down previously.

I tried the backdoor and was told my Wamu card was not eligible for anything?
Message 42 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try again.  There have been several reported posts that if they called back a couple times, usually by the third call the CSR said yes....so it appears that who you talk to at the number in this thread is part of the equation sometimes.
Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have the WAMU Platinum Visa, since 11/07.  If I use the backdoor and get accepted for the Perfect or Freedom card, will this continue my card aging as 11/07 or restart with a 2009 open date and close my WAMU card?

Sorry if this question has already been answered.  I have never done a product change or transfer before and I will be applying for my first mortgage within the next 6 months.

THX

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will keep the original opening date of the WAMU card plus all history.
Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, thank you, thank you all!

I just used the backdoor number and I was able to get my choice of three different Freedom cards!  Whoo hoo!

Since joining the board I have increase my scores from the low 500's to almost 700!  Thanks to all!

Message 46 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the 3rd attempt in the past week (all different days) I called this morning and stated my account has been open since 2001. I started with Providian Platinum which converted to WaMu Platinum a couple years ago and I've never had any rewards associated with my account. Note, I didn't ask what other cards were available but just simply what rewards were available.  Almost without batting an eye she offered the Perfect Card and two other reward cards with AFs. Naturally, I took the no AF Perfect Card. The other difference today was I called early in the morning PST vs. later in the afternoon. Perhaps the CSRs aren't worn down yet in the morning? Haha!

Definitely a lesson in persistence. Kudos for the backdoor number!

Message 47 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I tried again, and was refused.  However, the CSR was very nice and told me why. (account not old enough)

Told me to keep paying and to call back in two months and he would set me up.  (Account is only 6 months old)

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.