Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAMU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAMU

OK as you can see i had a Providian Visa, and didnt keep it in good shape. Question is i opened it in Dec 2000, but didnt pay it off till april 2005, How long with this stay on my report??? From the open date or the paid date??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WAMU

That should drop off sometime about Apr of 2008.  It's almost completely done hurting you.

Van

Message 2 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

As Van said, April 2008. Check your date of last activity (not payment) and add 7 years. You're almost there!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok thanks
Message 4 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Even though this is close to dropping and the rule is don't touch it for that fact...

Wamu/Providian can be a special circumstance for some people because they don't have all of the old records for everyone.  If there is anything that you can ethically find a dispute reason for on this and you are sure that nothing worse would come back (like you had more lates etc), you have a high chance of getting this removed sooner than April... and possibly in just a few days.   

Use this info at your own discretion.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm pulled up EX and TU and they show last date of activity as April 05 on this account........intresting.

Message 6 of 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

BrentO wrote:
hmmm pulled up EX and TU and they show last date of activity as April 05 on this account........intresting.

There's your dispute reason.  If you PIF to have gotten that 0 balance, it should not have reset anything.

If you dispute, my suggestion is to start with EX.  Don't dispute 2-3.  I disputed on just EX with my Providian situation and Providian wiped it from every CBR it was on.  This was within the past 3-4 months.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.