Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAS THIS A SMART MOVE?

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

WAS THIS A SMART MOVE?

So I been eyeing the BOA better balance rewards CC but I don't want to apply for the new card, so I asked to product change my existing Boa 123 to it, since I got my amex BCE that gives 1/2/3 as well.  SO  having two card with the same rewards is kinda dumb, also my BOA 123 is my oldest account and my first CC ever. The lady said I will get. Visa sig  for the better balance reward. By doing this they don't do any hard pull for product change right?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: WAS THIS A SMART MOVE?

@JaeJae12 wrote:

So I been eyeing the BOA better balance rewards CC but I don't want to apply for the new card, so I asked to product change my existing Boa 123 to it, since I got my amex BCE that gives 1/2/3 as well.  SO  having two card with the same rewards is kinda dumb, also my BOA 123 is my oldest account and my first CC ever. The lady said I will get. Visa sig  for the better balance reward. By doing this they don't do any hard pull for product change right?

if your limit is only $2800 how are you getting signature? did they say your limit would change?

Message 2 of 5
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Didn't update my sig yet, they gave me a auto CLI to 7k, also have a banking relationship with them for more than 15yrs( parents opened a custodian account for me long time ago)

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Didn't update my sig yet, they gave me a auto CLI to 7k

sweet... sounds good to me then!

Message 4 of 5
knhorn
Contributor

You did good, and you will not initiate a hard pull. I've converted my CCs to different rewards cards before. I have both BofA and BCE 123, and I like them because BCE is 3% in groceries and BofA is 3% in gas. BofA is my main gas card when gas isn't in the 5% quarterly in any of my other cards. I would have kept it, just my opinion though. Good luck,

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.