Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WATCH YOUR HOOTERS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WATCH YOUR HOOTERS

Tried to use my hooters to get  lunch today, (get your minds out of the gutter) and it was declined. called and they have canceleed my card because they said that ive opened to many accounts in the last 6 months(3). it pissed me off because not only did they cancel with out notifiying me, but they closed it with a balance of 63.00. will this hurt my score because it was closed by them and with a balance as well? they were actually quite nasty on the phone, and kept telling me that they would never consider reopening the account, even though by then i didnt want it reopened. it wont hurt my utilization because it was only a 500 limit, but i find it ridiculous because ive never had any late payments or over the limits with them or any of my other cards. I understand the current credit crunch, but to treat a loyal customer this way is insane. thanks for letting me vent. hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and happpy holidays ahead.  
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: WATCH YOUR HOOTERS

Pay the balance in full ASAP!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 10
mandy102

Same thing happened to me, got the letter today!!!!! Never been late with them, always PIF.

I asked them if they had to close account, would they atleast say consumer requested it.    She said sorry , they can't change how an account is reported.. BULL !!!!!!!!!!...(2800.00 cl)

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what their real reason is for doing this.  I have a Hooters card with a $5,000 CL, I opened it a year ago and I never had a CLI on it.  I wonder if they will close mine too.  I just checked mine and it is open.  I pay it in full each month.

I never thought Merrick bank would stoop to this kind of treatment of their customers.

Message 4 of 10
kay82
Regular Contributor

Awww man this is making me nervous I just opened mine on 11-19 and havent used it yet the only charge on it is the 72$ AF but man, this is my first unsecured CC in years I was really hoping to build with it, but IDK now with all of the commotion going on, has anybody had a new account closed recently during this madness?
12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 5 of 10
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

The common reason among all closures I have read about here and elsewhere is at least 3 new accounts since opening hooters...  This must have been an automatic sweep to select accounts...  some with balances, some who always PIF, some with use and others sock-drawered...  Seems that even a high FICO doesn't save you...  new accounts will get you closed.

If I had a Hooters, they would have closed me!!!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've opened MANY new accounts this year and my Hooter's are still there.

Where's concord? Did he open this account and does he still have it? Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened my Hooters account in 11/07.  Since then I have 6 new credit cards and a new mortgage in 7/08.  My origianl Hooters CL of $5,000 is still the same today as when I opened it.  There must be some reason that they are closing select accounts. However, I am sure they will not let the secret out.

I never owe out more then 2% of my total credit lines though.  I usually pay my credit cards online a few days BEFORE the statement closes so my credit reports show activity yet no balances.  I keep approx $100 open on my cards to show some payments being due.

My mom has a Hooters card too, she opened hers the same time I opened mine. Her line is still the same and remains open as well.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

There has been about a half dozen occasions this morning, in various related threads, to report this fact but some of us, including me, are still getting CLI from Hooters/Merrick.

I have been running up very high balances on all my cards in the last 6 months but I PIF every month. I wonder if this figures into some kind of formula?

Message 9 of 10
Lance66
Established Member

I received my notice today from Merrick Bank.. my Hooters card has been

closed.  I was never late, never over limit and paid more than my minimum

payment on it.  The reason it stated was ... too many new accounts.  Funny

thing, I have not gotten any new accounts since Hooters approved me

last Summer.  I think that makes 4 of my credit cards that been closed now

due to no fault of my own.  I can just imagine how much my score is going to

sink as I have balances on all those closed accounts.  Are these rough times,

or what?  Very scary.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.