Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELLS FARGO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WELLS FARGO

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WELLS FARGO

you should be good to apply if you don't have another relationship with them. They are not a credit union; don't require membership to apply

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

you should be good to apply if you don't have another relationship with them. They are not a credit union; don't require membership to apply

Required, no.  Preferred, yes.

Message 4 of 19
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Wells can be conservative, so as other posters have accurately said you dont need to be a customer but I think it helps.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conservative as in picky, hard on approvals?
Message 6 of 19
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?

If you are planning to apply online then you need to be a customer, otherwise you need to go into a branch to apply.

Message 7 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

@jacetx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you are planning to apply online then you need to be a customer, otherwise you need to go into a branch to apply.

I was positive that they recently changed that, at least for some cards like the Propel Amex's. The Cash Wise for example, says that you need to apply at a branch if you're not a Wells customer, but the Propel allows you to continue with application even if not customer.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 8 of 19
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was positive that they recently changed that, at least for some cards like the Propel Amex's. The Cash Wise for example, says that you need to apply at a branch if you're not a Wells customer, but the Propel allows you to continue with application even if not customer.

I just noticed that. Thanks for the info Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, it's not. But from what I read on here, it's probably easier to get their cards if you're a customer. Been banking with them for 21 yrs now. Got my Propel 4/2016 with a score of 620, no credit history (after Ch 13), collections on my report, and a tax lien. I read they are very conservative, but will help their customers.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.