cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WELLS FARGO

meatman1
Established Contributor

WELLS FARGO

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Tigers09
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

you should be good to apply if you don't have another relationship with them. They are not a credit union; don't require membership to apply

State Farm Rewards (3,000) ~ Marvel MC (8,000) ~ PenFed Power Cash (10,000) ~ PenFed Promise (1,000) ~ PenFed OLOC (500) ~ Discover ($1,100) ~ Citi DC (2,200) ~ NFCU cashRewards (6,200) ~ NFCU Platinum (2,700) ~ NFCU CLOC (15,000) ~ Venture (10,300) ~ DCU Visa (5,000) ~ Chase Freedom (3,000) ~ Amex Hilton Honors (5,000) ~ Amex SPG (1,000) ~ Amex BCE (1,000) ~ Care Credit (15,000)
Current Scores (6/6/18): 697 Transunion, 659 Equifax, 674 Experian
Message 2 of 19
meatman1
Established Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

Thank You

Message 3 of 19
MissingCalifornia
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO


@Tigers09 wrote:

you should be good to apply if you don't have another relationship with them. They are not a credit union; don't require membership to apply


Required, no.  Preferred, yes.



Message 4 of 19
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

Wells can be conservative, so as other posters have accurately said you dont need to be a customer but I think it helps.  Good luck!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 5 of 19
meatman1
Established Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

Conservative as in picky, hard on approvals?
Message 6 of 19
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO


@meatman1 wrote:

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?


If you are planning to apply online then you need to be a customer, otherwise you need to go into a branch to apply.

Message 7 of 19
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO


@jacetx wrote:

@meatman1 wrote:

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?


If you are planning to apply online then you need to be a customer, otherwise you need to go into a branch to apply.


I was positive that they recently changed that, at least for some cards like the Propel Amex's. The Cash Wise for example, says that you need to apply at a branch if you're not a Wells customer, but the Propel allows you to continue with application even if not customer.

Gardening until September 2019
Next app: Mortgage in September 2019
Message 8 of 19
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO


@Discover2016 wrote:

@jacetx wrote:

@meatman1 wrote:

Is it necessary to be a banking customer or can anyone apply for Wells Fargo CC?


If you are planning to apply online then you need to be a customer, otherwise you need to go into a branch to apply.


I was positive that they recently changed that, at least for some cards like the Propel Amex's. The Cash Wise for example, says that you need to apply at a branch if you're not a Wells customer, but the Propel allows you to continue with application even if not customer.


I just noticed that. Thanks for the info Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 19
GTC471
Frequent Contributor

Re: WELLS FARGO

No, it's not. But from what I read on here, it's probably easier to get their cards if you're a customer. Been banking with them for 21 yrs now. Got my Propel 4/2016 with a score of 620, no credit history (after Ch 13), collections on my report, and a tax lien. I read they are very conservative, but will help their customers.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.